Filed underLinks & Numbers
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Get your tailgate party or Steelers gameday party started off right with Rania Harris’ recipe for Super Saucy Baked Chicken!
Super Saucy Baked Chicken
2 pounds Chicken thighs (skin on)
1 teaspoon Garlic powder
1 teaspoon Cried oregano
Coarse salt and coarsely ground black pepper to taste
Canola oil for browning the chicken thighs
1. Season the chicken pieces with the garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper to taste.
2. Heat the canola oil in an electric skillet and brown the chicken (in batches) but do not cook all the way through.
Meanwhile, make sauce:
1 14-ounce bottle Heinz® Ketchup
3 tablespoons Sugar
3 tablespoons Heinz® Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tablespoon Heinz® Worcestershire Sauce
3/4 cup water
3 sliced Large onions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine ketchup, sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, water and onions and bring to boil. Reduce the heat and simmer on top of the stove for 10–15 minutes.
3. Place the browned chicken pieces in a large baking dish and pour sauce over chicken.
4. Bake until the chicken is cooked through and the onions are soft, about 35 – 40 minutes.