Beaver Co. Dog Reunited With Owner

CONWAY (KDKA) – There are new details today on a malnourished dog found in Beaver County.

Officials say the dog has been reunited with its owner.

The dog was taken to a local veterinarian’s office for treatment on Thursday evening.

Officials there say that the dog’s owner is an elderly woman who called police after seeing the animal on the news.

She says the dog had been missing and she was unable to locate him herself.

Two girls reportedly found the dog in the middle of a highway and turned him in to police.

The dog is blind in one eye and can barely walk. He is now getting treatment from his own veterinarian.

Comments

1. Kim Essig says:

Does she need any financial help with his vet care?

1. Mike Crawford says:

Hello, I’d also like to help the lady and her dog out financially if she needs it. God bless the two girls that took there time out to save the dog they are heros to me

2. fafafooey1 says:

there’s a story on wtae’s website about this dog, they gave a number to call for the owner of him, they may be able to hook you up to help, the doc on there said it should be put down, hopefully the owner doesn’t go along with it.Kim, Mike, you people are awesome.

3. mary says:

Why would they return it to an owner who either was unable to care for the dog properly, or just chose to neglect it? I read that the dog’s nails were so long they curved back up under its paws which was why it was unable to walk properly. That doesn’t happen in a short time period. And the dog is clearly malnourished, almost to its death. Someone needs to follow up on this. Maybe it’s a matter of the elderly owner not having the means to care for the dog properly but something needs to be done.

1. Edgar Moree says:

II agree with MARY if this lady needs financial help for her dog
      PLEASE i will help Can i send some money to help the dog
      or the owner…Please follow up on this,….

2. ALICIA says:

THAT LITTLE DOG WAS IN VERY BAD SHAPE……..THE TOENAILS DO NOT GROW SO LONG IN A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME…… A LONG LENGTH OF TIME WENT BY FOR HIS NAILS TO BE IN SUCH BAD SHAPE. THE NAILS WERE NOT BEING TRIMMED BY THE OWNER. THE NAILS WERE NOT BEING CARED FOR ……WHAT ELSE WAS THE OWNER DOING TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE LITTLE PRECIOUS DOG’S POOR CONDITION. THAT LITTLE DOG WAS STARVING FOR QUITE A WHILE TOO AND HAS OTHER HEALTH ISSUES. THE DOG ISN’T BEING CARED FOR PROPERLY BY THAT ELDERLY LADY AND SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN GIVEN BACK SO QUICKLY. THAT PRECIOUS LITTLE ONE DESERVES SO MUCH BETTER AND SO MUCH LOVE.

4. Ann Colwell says:

YA know i am grateful to the 2 girls who found the dog and the vet who took such good care of him. To that woman that was her best friend she lost and who knows know theres 2 more angels looking out for the both of them now.

5. sandy says:

I don’t understand why this adorable little dog was given back to someone who can’t take care of him. Dogs are a responsibility, another life that depends upon us to care for them.

6. kathy says:

I appreciate that she may love the dog but clearly he needs better care than she can give. I think its awesome all the people offering to help but I also feel there needs to be more severe charges and consequences for ALL animal neglect and abuse.

7. Barb Fuller says:

I think the public needs some answers to why police chief Anthony Blum returned this poor dog back to it’s owner. The dog clearly needs a home where it can get 24 hour care and I wonder if she can do it. We don’t know how long it was on the streets but I would bet it was in poor shape before it got lose! KDKA- you ran the story; give us some answers! We deserve to know!!

1. Ray says:

I suspect that the owner is suffering from senile dementia/alzheimers and if this is true, she probably isn’t capable of caring for herself let alone a pet. Where is her family or does she even have any living? I agree that more questions needed to be asked before the dog was returned to this woman who apparently is not capable of caring for it properly.

8. Mellen says:

I agree with barb. Clearly this dog was neglected. The condition of the dog broke my heart! Maybe the dog ran away to escape the abuse! If this woman who claims to be the owner truly loves this dog she should admit the fact that she was unable to care for the dog and found a good home for it

9. overhere says:

#1 How long was the dog missing

#2 Define elderly

#3 Why are you guys blaming the Police Chief?

10. mjpampena says:

The Chef sounds like a very caring man.I do not think the “elderly lady”did much to find him.The poor baby looks half dead,and those nails WOW.I think someone should adopt him .

11. keri says:

to everyone who was interested in adopting this little guy if his owner wasn’t located: please don’t forget there are many senior and/or special needs dogs at animal shelters that desperately need permanent or foster homes. if you desire a specific breed, look for a breed-specific rescue group. too many dogs and cats – especially the wonderful “senior citizens” – are euthanized daily due to overcrowded conditions at shelters and not enough responsible people to adopt or foster them.

12. Kathhy says:

Why would the dog be returned to the owner, who hasn’t properly taken care of it. It has been malnourished for some time and neglected. If the dog was in such extreme pain just a couple of days ago, what can be done to prevent the same occurrence? I think that someone should step in to give the dog proper care and treatment. I am sure that someone would step forward and adopt this sweet little dog.

Comments are closed.