Having some friends over to watch the game? Not sure what to make for your next tailgate? Great food can help get everyone get their game face on!
Rania Harris is helping to do her part and get your pre-game party off to a great start with this week’s Heinz Red Zone recipe for Pittsburgh-Style Steak Salad!
Don’t forget to tune into the PNC Steelers Huddle Show each Saturday after the 11 p.m. news on KDKA-TV for more of Rania’s recipes!
Pittsburgh-Style Steak Salad
Marinade and Dressing:
1 Chopped Vidalia onion
1 cup Heinz® Ketchup
1/4 cup Heinz® Worcestershire Sauce
3/4 cup Heinz® Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 cup Sugar
1 1/2 cups Vegetable oil
2 12-ounce New York strip steaks
1 bag Fresh romaine lettuce hearts (torn into pieces)
4 chopped Hard-boiled eggs
12-ounce box Sliced button mushrooms
1 pint Grape tomatoes
1 bag Ore-Ida® Steak Fries
Shredded Cheddar cheese to taste
For the dressing:
1. In a food processor, chop onion, add all other ingredients except oil, and blend. Slowly add the oil.
For the steak:
2. Place the steaks in a glass-baking dish and pour ½ f the marinade/dressing over – turn them a few times to coat.
3. Marinate the steak in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
4. Preheat your grill to a medium high heat. Remove the steaks from the marinade and grill them to medium rare. Remove them from the grill and allow them to rest for 10 minutes. Slice them thinly at an angle.
5. While the steaks are grilling, bake the steak fries according to the package directions.
1. Mix all of the salad ingredients in a bowl and toss with enough dressing to coat well.
2. Divide the salad among four large plates and top evenly with the grilled steak slices. Pile on the steak fries and garnish well with shredded cheddar cheese.