Burglars Stole Pet Medicine To Make Rave Drug

By David Highfield

PLUM (KDKA) — Police say they’ve broken up a burglary ring that would steal a drug from veterinary clinics.

The drug was then cooked and sold to people at rave parties.

“I’m glad they caught somebody. I don’t know what to think to be honest. It’s sad,” said Dr. Leonard Jones, veterinarian at Plum Animal Hospital, one of nine area clinics that were burglarized.

In each case, a drug called Ketamine was stolen, which is used to anesthetize animals.

“It basically blocks your mind from sensing what your body is feeling, so you can still get a high where you’re disassociated – almost like your brain is apart from your body,” said Jones.

Six people have been indicted by a grand jury, according to the Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Office.

Brandon Wise is accused of being the ring leader and allegedly cooked the drug to transform it from a liquid state to a powder before selling it at raves. It’s called “Special K” on the street.

The animal clinics that were burglarized were in Plum, Dravosburg, Penn Hills, Monroeville, Kiski Township, Hempfield Township and Lower Burrell.

Police say the burglars broke into most of the clinics by breaking windows, and as a result, they knew they were looking for someone with a slender build.

Comments

1. Honey L.Malik says:

What drug would they steal from a vet office ?God Bless !

2. Kim Essig says:

It’s such a hrrible world today that people even have to sign for decongestants because of illegal drug users. But I also think the media is wrong in publicizing the name of the drug. I think it’ will only intice other desperate users to commit crimes and break into veterinarian offices.

3. J D says:

They all even LOOK like trash

4. Mary says:

They’re stealing from vets because the security is low and most people wouldn’t think there would be any use for animal meds. The truth is, a lot of the drugs are the same or similar. You can get medications for your pet at the same pharmacy where you get yours. A vet won’t tell you that because they make money from the medications they sell. Walgreens will even include your pet on their pharmacy program they offer.

5. Sally says:

Some vets may be that way Mary, but I know all of them are not. Dr Jones is my pets veterinarian and he mentioned to me that Giant Eagle carried the antibiotic that my pet needed and it was free for a 2 week supply. I trust him with my furry friends and feel bad for him that he was robbed. I am glad they have made an arrest and hope all 6 get jail time.

6. pup says:

Well, this is quite interesting indeed. Would love to read a little more of this. Good post. Thanks for the heads-up.

Comments are closed.