Bike Rider Attacked, Injured Downtown

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Authorities are investigating after they say a bike rider was attacked in downtown Pittsburgh early this morning.

Investigators say the bicyclist was at 1st Avenue and Grant Street around 2 a.m. when a man got out of his car and started to beat him up.

Officials say the man ran off, leaving the bike rider with a bloody face.

He was taken to a local hospital for treatment.

Stay with KDKA for the latest on this developing story.

Comments

1. FixPGH says:

Seriously??? Why do people do this stuff? STOP IT. Pittsburgh’s crime stats HAVE to be escalating. In a city with so much “Pride” you’d think they’d do more to fix this stuff.

2. Waldo Treehorn says:

The attacker “ran off?” So, he left his car? Was the car stolen? If not, he should be pretty easy to find.

3. Mr Soho says:

People do the whackiest things, there more to this story.

4. erin byrne says:

okay if the guy that did this ran off without getting back into his car?wouldnt it been so simple to find him?because his car is still at the place?hmm people these days where is the pride honestly its a bike ridder just let him go!! do they no any thing on his condittion

5. Sick of Hypocrites says:

What drove the attacker? The bicyclist had to have offended this “attacker.” Could it be that most Pittsburgh bicyclists want the same rights as motorists, but yet don’t obey traffic laws? I’ve almost hit 2 bicyclists in the past month in the East End due to these idiots swerving in front of me and other motorists to beat red lights. I’m for saving gas and being in great shape like the next person, but bad accidents are waiting to happen…

1. FixPGH says:

At 2a.m. downtown I doubt there is anything the biker could have done. It’s so empty down there they have a ton of room to ride around. I’m guessing it was an attempted robbery or something. Or just a drunk person (since Pittsburgh loves to let the drunk drive!) wanting to do something irrational.

Also, bikers can easily get around traffic, it’s the TRAFFIC that doesn’t pay attention or obey the laws (how many “Pittsburgh Lefts” or turns on red where it says “NO TURN ON RED” have I seen?) and I think it’s more the fault of the traffic than of the biker.

6. How? What? says:

To “FixPGH” -who is “they” that is going to stop the crime? It’s the lunatics in our world that need to stop their tirade. No one can be in 100 places at one time to fix this b.s.

Merry Christmas!

1. FixPGH says:

I meant the city, the people, the residents that love their perogies and “Stillers” so much. If they “love” this city, why don’t the residents come together to try to help things? The police can’t do everything. There’s 100 neighborhoods here and only 5 police stations, with barely any police.

7. Stillwy McBeam says:

It’s “Stillwers

8. its...not...funny...hehe says:

Haha I like how the title of the story “Bike Rider Attacked, Injured Downtown” contradicts with the sign in the picture ‘Bicycle Friendly Community’ lmao.

But all in all, I do hope the victim is okay!

Comments are closed.