Daughter Sends Out Appeal In Hit & Run Case

ROSS TOWNSHIP (KDKA) – A woman from Ross Township remains in critical condition after she was hit by a car outside of her home earlier this week.

Now, the woman’s daughter is speaking out about what happened and making a plea for the driver to come forward.

“We’re very angry,” said Chris Hussar, the victim’s daughter. “We want them to understand – we know it was garbage night, it wasn’t a garbage can that you hit, it wasn’t a turkey, it wasn’t a deer or a dog; you hit a human being. You hit my mom.”

It happened Tuesday, Mary Ann Hussar was bringing garbage to the curb in front of her home around 7 p.m. when a fast-moving car passed another on the left, struck Hussar and sped away.

Police say they are looking for a small, black car with a noisy muffler and no hubcaps. The Hussar family has seen that car before.

Dan Hussar, the victim’s husband, didn’t want to talk on camera, but now he spends his day looking out his front window for that car.

“Please, please understand that you didn’t hit a garbage can, you didn’t a garbage bag, you hit my mom,” said Chris.

Mary Ann Hussar suffered arm and leg injuries. She is set to have another surgery on Friday.

Ross Township police say they have received several leads in the case, but so far they haven’t been able to track down the driver.

Comments

1. Duckdaddy says:

Why would any one be foolish enough to turn themself in. All turning yourself in will get you is put in jail you already fled now just live your life you cant fix what you did and the courts and policencant do anything but make things worse

1. Steve says:

Duckdaddy,

Thanks for the words of wisdom, it shows how heartless you really are to post a comment like that on a tragic situation.

1. Chris Hussar says:

thanks Steve… he’s looking for attention…

2. Chris Hussar says:

DEAR KDKA, please forward this persons email to the authorities… might be something

2. Sara Sams says:

To Duckdaddy : Guess you live on the run. How stupid are you? This family needs to know who did this . Do the crime do the time!!!

1. Chris Hussar says:

thank you SARA… duckdaddy can go to hell!!!!

3. michelle says:

I am not surprised by the comments by Duckdaddy. He is a selfish inconsiderate individual who needs to shut his pie hole! I agree with my dear friend Chris…he is only wanting attention!

This is to DUCKDADDY: chances are or are either the person who did it, know the person who did or have done this selfish act before and thinks you will get away with it. However GOD KNOWS ALL AND WILL CATCH UP WITH YOU AND THE PERSONE WHO HAS DOEN THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Chris Hussar says:

thank you!!!!

1. Eileen Cantella says:

To duckdaddy, with the comments you made to the Hussar family, you give me no other alternative, but to think that you have left someone on the side of the road in your lifetime. We are responsible for our actions and the consequences that follow. You and people that think like you are the problems of our world, feeding off others, taking what you want. Be Ashamed, I am ashamed, and I don’t even know you, Thank God for that.

4. Chris Hussar says:

Asking everyone to keep this story alive. Please post to your facebook, twitter, myspace and any other social network out there, please forward as an email too. I’m not asking for this to be your utmost priority I’m asking for this to get out there, cause God knows somewhere out there somebody knows this person or knows they are the one. I want this person to be found. My mom wants to know WHY? Why her? Why didn’t you look back??? and we want her to have closure. She will have scars to remind her for the rest of her life of how cold, selfish, and heartless another human life can be.

To the driver of the car that left my mom lying in the street and never looked back, your careless and wreckless driving has caused pain and anger not only to my mom but our family, friends, and the community. You hit my MOM, not a garbage can or other object. Your reasons to why you did this will remain a mystery until you come forward. The longer this goes on the greater the chance this will weigh on you, and truthfully is it worth it. Is it worth is knowing that you caused such a tragic situation??? it’s only a matter of time before your either found or your conscious catches up to you. This is between you and God now. May you find the courage to come forward and admit to your wrong doing.

5. carol lmyers says:

chris im saying a prayer every night for your mom one of my best friends. we worked together at GE and i feel sick about this whole thing. Please keep in touch . mama carol

1. Chris Hussar says:

mama carol…. my dad told her last night about your phone call…. i will tell her again that your sending her love… i will keep in touch… loves you mama carol…

6. kim Leininger says:

Duckdaddy,really,there is something wrong with you? What if that was your mother,or kid or someone you loved..The person who did this will get caught,do you have any heart ? and I really cant believe you would post this comment!! karma is all i can say,and the person who did this,will get caught and now has to live with this . Prayers for this whole family.

1. Chris Hussar says:

thank you kim…. i’m right there with karma, for the both of them now!!!!

7. Eileen Cantella says:

To duckdaddy, with the comments you made to the Hussar family, you give me no other alternative, but to think that you have left someone on the side of the road in your lifetime. We are responsible for our actions and the consequences that follow. You and people that think like you are the problems of our world,feeding off others, taking what you want. Be Ashamed, I am ashamed, and I don’t even know you. Thank God..

1. Chris Hussar says:

I absolutely agree…

8. Chris Hussar says:

this person is still out there and has not come forward!!!!

Comments are closed.