Charges Expected In Fatal North Versailles Crash

NORTH VERSAILLES (KDKA) – One person is dead following an accident this morning between two tractor trailers and a box truck in North Versailles.

According to authorities, a box truck and a flat-bed semi carrying steel pipes collided head on at the intersection of Wall Avenue and Mosside Boulevard.

“In my close to 30 years as a police officer, I would say this is one of the worst I’ve seen,” North Versailles Police Chief Vince DiCenzo said.

Investigators believe the pipe truck was coming down the steep hill on Mosside Boulevard. The box truck was stopped at the red light heading southbound.

Scott Scaglione, 45, of Belle Vernon, was the driver of the tractor trailer. He was making a left onto Wall Avenue.

“He said the light was green for him and the pipe truck was coming down the hill,” Frank Scaglione, Scott’s father, said.

The pipe truck driven by 42-year-old Ezekwesiri Emmanuel Arukwe, from Nigeria, hit the box truck head-on, pushing it at least 150-feet back from the intersection and sideswiping the tractor trailer.

Kenneth Feldman, 55, of New Kensington, was the driver of the box truck. He was killed instantly and a passenger was seriously injured.

Investigators plan to inspect all three vehicles involved.

Arukwe was taken away by police. He works with Builders Vehicle Transport based in Tennessee.

Police have a video tape of the accident. It was recorded by a surveillance camera on a nearby business.

It is believed that charges will be launched soon. Route 48 is now reopened.

Stay with KDKA for the latest details.

1. mark d says:

MY heart goes out to the victims relatives. Nothing else can be said after such a horific accident. You may only wish the person killed did not suffer.

2. expittsburgh says:

Very sad. Is it normal for a foreign national to hold a CDL? Seems odd.

3. Karen says:

Our prayers are with all the families. Does anyone know what company the box truck was from?

4. redrock100 says:

Probably an illegal which democrats embrace

5. Chris says:

I came down the hill shortly after the accident happened I travel that road everyday in my little box truck and my heart just sank that could have been me. I feel so bad for the victims family. The driver of the truck was probably not familiar with that hill

6. LOB says:

I made the left out of wall ave when the police were just getting on the scene , I was in the Norfolk and southern rail yard when it happened , I was sick all day for that man and I keep thinking how that could have been me , I am on that bridge at least 3 times a week , the 2nd truck was from the rail yard and I went back to my cust , while there the fire dept was setting up for life flight but it was cancelled a few minutes later , my heartfelt prayers to the family , SLOW DOWN AND GET OFF OF THE CELL PHONES , I avoid at least 2 or 3 wrecks a week , I put 25 k miles on a year and see more morons than I can count .

7. Staci Scaglione says:

My heart goes out to the family members that lost their loved one! what a horrible thing to have to go through, i lost a brother in an auto accident and its not easy! I hope god gives this family the strength they are going to need to get through this! You are in me and my families prayers!

8. Dave says:

Who was on a cell phone?

9. rich says:

My sorrow & my prayers go out to my sister and his daughter. love rich

Comments are closed.