Police Seek Help Identifying Body Found In River

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Police are asking for the public’s help identifying the body of a man found in the Allegheny River on Monday.

The man’s body was found below the Rachel Carson Bridge and police are still trying to figure out who he is.

Police said he appeared to be in his 50s and was dressed for cold weather.

He was six-feet tall, weighed approximately 280-pounds and had dark hair, a gray beard and brown eyes.

According to a press release from police, the man was wearing:

• Black shoes-Dr. Scholls Brand (unknown size)
  • Black socks
  • Black leather belt- Columbia brand
  • Blue Pants size 44×29
  • Green/gray coat- Claiborne brand
  • Gray sweater size XXL- Arnold Palmer brand
  • Blue plaid button-up front shirt size XXL- Van Heusen brand
  • Pittsburgh Penguins black tee-shirt XL

Anyone who may know this man is asked to call police.

1. Isabella says:

Terrible i hate that that happened

2. D. McDaniel says:

Looked at photo of this gentleman.and, I did not recognize him .. To his Family I am so sorry if he is your ,,husband, father , son or friend… so sorry…how terrbly sad ..

3. Theresa says:

looks like a guy I know,last name sabit

1. Don says:

4. Jeanine Miller Plummer says:

Don’t worry, The photo’s not as scary or gory as you might think. Poor Guy. Just looks like another Steeler fan. Makes me really sad and I don’t even know him. I hope someone identifies him soon.

5. Dee & JIm Gazdik says:

This Man is Harry jPatterson bartender at Rijver City Inn.. He has been ijdentified to authorities so please take his picture off your website . HIs death leaves us shocked . What happened. Our sympathy to his family.

6. Ashley M says:

My sympathy goes out to Harry’s family. My friends and I spent time at the River City Inn during our college years, and we grew to know and like this man. We are very sad and shocked.

I also agree with the comment above. Now that he has been identified. Please take the photo off of the web site.

7. Nicole Henninger says:

Harry will always represent amazing memories for me and my friends. He was really a pleasure to have my life. We will miss him greatly. Life in Pittsburgh would not have been as amazing without him.

8. Robin Foster-Sellati says:

Dear family and close friends of Harry Patterson,
    Lets remember his humor, great taste in music, knowledge of sports, kindness towards women, his amazing ability to bring a group of people together and his wonderful belly laugh. Noone will ever fill his shoes. He was a terrific writer with several books under his belt with a great personality and warmth of people in general. Harry never met a stranger. I can’t imagine the grief that his family must be feeling, they are such wonderful people as well. God bless you Harry.

9. MG says:

Out of respect for his family and friends, please remove this picture. Harry was a wonderful man and please let us remember him as he was.

10. PSM says:

I’ll miss you Harry, you were the best. Loved the late night talks at the RCI.

11. Sheri Carricato says:

Thank you KDKA for removing the picture of Harry from the medical examiner’s office. Harry was a special person to all who knew him. He was our snugglabe, loveable Teddy Bear. I will miss your hugs. He was a wonderful man who loved life and the City of Pittsburgh. If you would like to see the true and loveable Harry Patterson, please go to his facebook page. He was an amazing man.

Comments are closed.