Officials Identify Body Found In Allegheny River

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Authorities have identified a body found earlier this week in the Allegheny River.

The Allegheny County Medical Examiner’s Office has identified the man as 58-year-old Harry Patterson of O’Hara Township.

Officials with the medical examiner’s office say Patterson died of blunt force trauma, but they have yet to rule on the manner of his death.

Patterson’s body was found Monday under the Rachel Carson Bridge.

Comments

1. FixPGH says:

wpxi.com reported that they do not suspect fowl play. Really? A man has blunt force trauma and you think it was accidental? He was either taken to the bridge and thrown over, or walking across it when killed. Was his wallet on him? I’m guessing no since you had to display his picture to ID him, so robbery maybe? I think you’re overlooking some things.

1. MountainMomma says:

fowl play? done by a chicken?

1. mary lou says:

He was a wonderful man. Please keep your jokes to yourself. The family and friends of Harry would appreciate it.

2. jen says:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA This is exactly what I was going to put.

3. FixPGH says:

Sorry, meant “foul,” had some lady in my office rambling on about something and wasn’t paying much attention to what I was typing.

2. MountainMomma says:

I am extremely sorry that my comment was taken as a joke or a remark about Mr. Patterson who I am sure was a fine man. That was not my intention at all. I was commenting on FixPGH’s use of the phrase “fowl play” which should be “foul play.” A fowl is a bird. Hence, the question “done by a chicken?” (which is a fowl and as we know, means coward). I was saying that whoever took Mr Patterson’s life was a chicken—a gutless, spineless coward. I apologize for upsetting Mr Patterson’s family and friends who I know are grieving deeply and for whom I have great sympathy. I just didn’t realize my comment would be taken so wrongly. I am rather new at this and I will be more careful in the future.

2. arkiegal says:

Doing a quick Google search I found this. Sounds like it’s the same guy —

“Harry Patterson is a free-lance writer, bartender, trivia maven and lifelong Pittsburgh resident. He attended Fox Chapel High School, Community College of Allegheny County, the University of Pittsburgh and served in the U.S. Army. This is the first of a series of sports-related books Mr. Patterson is writing for Red-Letter Press.”

1. MG says:

That is the same person. He was an amazing person. Thanks for sharing this.

1. Diane Pent says:

The google search is, One and the same Harry Patterson, He is an amazing man, who could wow you with his knowledge of Pittsburgh trivia! I will miss him greatly in my life.

3. howie says:

no one comes to where you work and jumps up and down on the end of the bed. let the doctors and investigators do their jobs.

4. miranda says:

one suggestion, one of the worst things for the victims family is when people read these and decide to do their own search on the victim. when my brother in law got killed someone posted a comment saying how he was a cook and seemed to be a good man, and just went on n on about him being a cook. he was not a cook, he was a landscaper. it aggrivates the family. trust me. for Mr. Patterson’s family I am very sorry for your loss.

5. deadman says:

WRNING. if you are a member of this mans family, do not
    read the comments section of the article. if somebody want s to pay
    their respects they will do it in person. 99 percent of the people
    leaving comments never knew this man.
    what they want to do is get a rise out of a greiving family.
    for gods sake buy a newspaper

6. TJ says:

Wow he was a grea cook

7. Kevin Parker says:

May God Bless his family and him , this is a sad time for family and friends.May god be beside you and yours.

8. Daniel says:

Hopefully the police will find out who did this. But just because blunt force trauma exists does not mean foul play. If a person fell off a bridge they could have suffered blunt force trauma when hitting the water or objects in the water. And a wallet could have become dislodged while the body was submerged. We will just have to wait and let the police investigate. My condolences to this man’s family and friends.

9. ANTHONY AND DAW says:

HARRY WAS A GNICE MAN I KNOW HIM FROM RIVERCITY BAR DOWN BY PPG PLAZA. WE WOULD TAILGATE THER EVERY HOME STEELER GAME. WE WILL MISS HIM. GOD BLESS TO THE FAMILNY U R IN R PRAYS.

Comments are closed.