Having some friends over to watch the game? Not sure what to make for your next tailgate? Great food can help get everyone get their game face on!
Rania Harris is helping to do her part and get your pre-game party off to a great start with this week’s Heinz Red Zone recipe for Hot & Sweet Barbecued Chicken Wings!
Don’t forget to tune into the PNC Steelers Huddle Show each Saturday after the 11:00pm news on KDKA-TV for more of Rania’s recipes!
Hot & Sweet Barbecued Chicken Wings
3/4 cup kosher salt
3/4 cup sugar
3 pounds chicken wings
1/4 cup Heinz® Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tablespoons Heinz® 57 Sauce
1 ½ cups Heinz® Ketchup
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 10-ounce jar orange marmalade
1. Cut the wings in half at the joint. Discard the tips.
2. Dissolve the salt and sugar in 1 quart of cold water in a bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat well, covering the wings. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
For the Barbecue Sauce:
1. Combine vinegar, 57 Sauce, ketchup, chili powder and marmalade in a saucepan, heat and stir until blended.
2. Remove the chicken wings from the brine and rinse well. Dry thoroughly with paper towels and season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Spread the wings in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake the wings in a preheated 425 degree oven, uncovered, for 25 minutes.
4. Midway through the baking process, baste the wings liberally with the Hot and Sweet Barbecue sauce, baking until golden brown.