Terrible Towel-Titletown Towel Showdown Brewing

PITTSBURGH (93-7 The FAN) – His company may produce the Terrible Towel, but Gregg McArthur would never be caught in black and gold, especially in these days leading up to the Super Bowl.

The business man owns McArthur Towel & Sports, which produces the Terrible Towel for the Pittsburgh Steelers. But the catch is, McArthur is an avid Green Bay Packers fan.

The company has been producing the Terrible Towel since 1997, and is now increasing its production ahead of Super Bowl XLV.

Now, with his Packers also headed to the big game, McArthur says he is planning to produce a new towel, called the “Titletown Towel,” for Green Bay fans. This towel will be green and white.

Steelers fan shouldn’t be worried about the imitation though.

McArthur says he has a lot of respect for the Steelers, their fans and plans to continue the tradition that legendary broadcaster Myron Cope started.

More from The Fan Morning Show

1. Paul says:

pride the 7th deadly sin
    Go Steelers

2. Dre says:

I think they should find a company to produce it that has a LOYAL manufacturer to Steelers. He’s copying our terrible towel to make one for our opponent? What is wrong with him???

3. Donna says:

Imitated but NEVER duplicated!!!!!!!!!!

4. Boycott Nachos says:

Who in Pittsburgh doesnt have a terrible towel yet? This shouldnt be a profitable business anymore. I mean, these arent paper towels are they?

1. juice says:

your an idiot. are you serious? are you from pittsburgh? You can never have enough terrible towls. Steeler nation is all over the world, and new Steeler Fans are born everyday. We buy a new Terrible Towl every season. It is a tradition in our family, and it raises money for a good cause.

1. Boycott Nachos says:

juice, your the idiot. Why dont you treasure your towel? Keep it clean, remember where you left it, and stop wasting resources! This is not a throw away item. It is a collector’s item. Your family should really get a better tradition. This one is lame. Ask your kids. They will tell you. MOM, THIS IS LAME! Now on the other hand sack races in the backyard is a tradition worth doing.

5. Veronica Cook says:

a towel is a towel grow up folks

1. juice says:

Wrong…….the Terrible Towl is much more. What is wrong with you people???

1. Billy Mays says:

Terrible Towel slices, it dices, it cuts through cans. It can hold a man from this steel girder. Terrible towel is fast and easy to use. It will do your taxes and clean out your garage! Wow!. It’s bio-degradeable. Terrible Towel will make you taller, more handsome and make your breasts appear larger! Believe it! Lets ask this man who tried Terrible Towel after his workout at the gym… “I can hang a wet Terrible Towel from my d#&K! You can have Terrible Towel for 3 terrible payments of $4.95 + S&H.

6. Fortune Cookie says:

Terrible towels would be truly “terrible” if they were made in China. Hooray for Outsourcing!

7. What??? says:

Titletown Towel, What the hell have they won besides a couple Superbowls???

1. Steely Dan McBeam says:

Typical Yinzer. Please know what you are talking about before opening your yap. The Packers have 9 NFL titles before calling the same game the super bowl. Then 3 super bowl titles. 12! THATS TWICE AS MANY CHAMPIONSHIPS AS THE STEELERS.

1. Borsk says:

Those NFL titles mean nothing. They were before the NFL/AFL merged. It wasn’t even the same league.

2. What??? says:

Besides 1996,haven’t won a thing or NFL title as you call it since 1967!!! Come on man!!!!

3. Glass Houses says:

If the Pitt Panthers count 9 national championships then the Packers can count 12.

8. Man in the Moon says:

It could happen: Steelers fans wearing green cheese on their heads come next Sunday

9. Councilman Matt Drozd says:

Can anyone tell me where I can get one of these Titletown Towels?

1. Mayor Luke says:

Matt, please get back to work and help me bankrupt this city. See you at the Steeler rally.

10. Brandon says:

imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. i guess McArthur is a steeler fan at heart

11. Towelie says:

I’ve been wondering around for the past couple of weeks. You know helping people out with towel safety and proper towel use. It’s important.
    You wanna get high? That’s me last J! Well, I’m gonna get high!

12. Dr. Guilty says:

C’mon, show a little originality – how about the “Cheese Cloth?”

1. Ron Burgundy says:

I like the cut of your jib, Dr Guilty.

13. Dave says:

Disgusting!!! Between This guy and ETRADE their marketing people should be fired…You never alienate your customers for personal reasons. Get a ‘BURGH company to make THE TERRIBLE TOWEL!!!

14. Steeelerholic says:

Why cant a company in Pittsburgh do these towels?

15. Bob says:

We ALL know that Myron & The Terrible Towel are the real thang’. I also found this hilarious Steelers Comic called “Fans N’at” at http://fansnat.com (or steelercomics.com) that talks about the very unwanted” official ” mascot , Steely McBeam.
    Here we go Steelers!”

16. Derek Bowen says:

Um, I like the one made in Pittsburgh (it’s for my phone):

17. Jay says:

To me the Terrible towl Is for my ass i clean my ass with it sorry

Comments are closed.