Steelers Questioned About Big Ben’s Night Out

FORT WORTH, Texas (KDKA) — Ben Roethlisberger and his teammates were peppered with questions Thursday about the quarterback’s night out on the town.

TMZ released footage of Roethlisberger singing Billy Joel’s “Piano Man” at a Fort Worth night spot.

“It’s normal for guys to eat dinner believe it or not every now and then,” Mike Tomlin said.

Roethlisberger says he was treating his offensive linemen to a dinner and a night out.

“If Monday night’s a night they go out to dinner, they go out to dinner,” he said. “Tuesday night for us, you know, like we just said, we do every Super Bowl, we go out to dinner.”

“You know, a lot of guys like to go to movies on Friday. I’m sure they’ll still be going to the movies on Fridays, so you got to try to just keep it as common and as sane as you do for normal weeks,” he added.

But this is not a normal week which is something that got Casey Hampton fired up a little bit.

“If we [were] in Pittsburgh and Hines was in the strip club and Ben was out drinking on a Monday, would it be an issue?” Casey Hampton said. “It wouldn’t be an issue, so … you got to do the same things you do to prepare for a game and a Super Bowl that you do to prepare for any other game.”

“Why switch it up because it’s the Super Bowl? You got to go through your regular routine,” he added. “If going to the strip club on Mondays is my routine in Pittsburgh, I’m [going] to the strip club Monday in Dallas. What’s the difference?”

Brett Keisel weighed in on the issue.

“People are going to say what they want to say during this whole process. We have bed check at night, you know, and everyone was there, so I’m not sure what happened,” he said. “I don’t know. I didn’t check his room. I don’t know what happened – I just heard about this just recently so, people are going to say, rumors are going to fly, that’s what happens at the Super Bowl.”

“I’m not changing for nobody, man, that’s just me,” Hampton said. “I’m a grown man. I’ve been grown for a long time and if I go out on Friday night, if that’s what I do, then that’s my business, man, because I know on Sunday, I know how to prepare myself to play.”

Comments

1. BETTY says:

whats Ben supposed to do crawl in a hole and never do anything???

2. KNOCKIN' ON PRISON'S DOOR says:

BETTY He tried that in Georgia and Nevada

1. Eric says:

Who cares!!!!

You are just a hater!!!!

2. Joan says:

accused never convicted!!!!!!!!! No EVIDENCE

1. FixPGH says:

Moot point. many with money are never convicted.

3. TO CATCH A PREDATOR/CHRIS HANSEN says:

ARE YOU GOING TO STICK TO THAT STORY?? I HAVE THE TRANSCRIPTS RIGHT HERE. YOU SAID YOU’RE TV WAS BROKEN!!

4. JK says:

IF BEN WINS THE GAME YOU WILL ALL LOVE HIM

1. FixPGH says:

Ben’s not the only one on the team. He’s only one person IN a team. He doesn’t win the game, the STEELERS win the game.

5. anthony Porter says:

get a life he is a grown ass man. Who are you to question a grown man? Look harder for a good story!

1. Eric says:

IT MUST BE A SLOW NEWS DAY FOR THE SO CALLED GREAT STATION KDKA!!!!!

6. Daniel says:

Strip clubs and drinking…this is why my children will NEVER be allowed to even watch a Steelers game let alone attend one. They would be better off watching Family Guy from a morals standpoint.

1. Mrscravits says:

And how long will your kids be living with you! Til they are 50!!!! LOL

2. Dave says:

Umm, you realize that the majority of men have been to a strip club and drink…better not let your children talk to the majority of men. Me, on the other hand, let my children enjoy the sport but have them ‘look up to’ people who have accomplished more than being gifted in a sport. But to each his own.

1. Hollie says:

This is the most ridiculous comment Ive ever read. “My children will NEVER be allowed to even watch a Steelers game let alone attend one”.

Agree with Dave, if YOU raise your children correctly, they will know the difference between what is right and what is wrong. Has nothing to do with what a football player does off the field. You act as though you know them personally.

3. Raymond says:

What planet do you live on???

4. rman says:

So i guess your children won’t be able to hang around doctors, lawyers etc cause they ain’t no difference. Keep them around priest who touch kids in ways they are not suppose to. What an idiotic statement!

7. brlyfo64 says:

what would you be doing when you are in dallas, ummm going out….. you people are making a big deal out of a guy going out……….. geesh

8. D COLEMAN says:

MEDIA WILL SELLOUT THEIR OWN TO KEEP U SUCKERS TUNED IN.

9. Denise says:

I cant believe the PRUDES on here. What a joke you people are… He was in a piano bar for goodness sakes! Give it a rest already. Sheesh!

1. Dave says:

Yes, but Hines Ward went to a place to see naked women!!! Yes, the world will end as we know it!

(sarcasm 😉 )

2. FixPGH says:

I’m a little confused too..Keisle is all “I don’t know what happened.” Did anything happen? He was just out with other Steelers, they aren’t reporting anything happening are they?

10. DCOLEMAN says:

ANDREW STOCKEY WAS THE BIGGEST SELLOUT,THEN HE WILL BE SMILING IN BENS FACE WHEN HE SEE HIM.

1. Patricia H. says:

He isn’t any worse than KDKA blowing up this story!!!! When there is absolutely nothing to it!!!!!

Terrible, Terrible jouralism for a newstation!!!!!

11. Dave says:

Not sure what’s worse…KDKA making this a story, or the people swallowing it hook, line, and sinker. Yes, it’s true…some men go to bars. That’s life.

1. Eric says:

I agree KDKA should be ashamed of themselves for playing up this story!!!!

You know who you are!!!!

Bob

12. Eric says:

I am a passionate Steelers fan and I am married and have a young baby daughter.

FInd something else to talk about! I am sick and tired of people talking trash on Big Ben.

He was never charged with a crime for God’s sake! Get over it, he is a legend and will have a third Superbowl on Sunday night.

A lot of people have done worse!

And Mr. Roger Goodell go f in blow your self!~

13. Eric says:

The Media is the biggest problem, especially those douces from ESPN, NFL NETWORK, and local stations like KDKA!

You have created some of this additional stuff that has gone on with Big Ben.

That is just terrible jouralism!

14. aversas says:

As long as he keeps his D out of some young thing, who cares…

1. Ray H. says:

Who cares if he does!!!!!

15. billyd says:

the media STINKS and SUCKS mind your own buisness do you sign their pay checks??????? ABSOLUTELY NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS

1. Chris says:

I didn’t ask for your opinion billyd!!!!

Do you work for the media???

I am entitled to my opionion, so it is my god da n business!!!

16. Barbara says:

Excuse me, but, if you are out of town on business does anyone check on what you are doing? Other than a husband or wife… I DOUBT IT!!! Get off of Ben;s back. I’ve read several stories like this one and Coach Tomlin was just fine with it. So go and jump in a lake if you don’t like it!!!!

1. Eric says:

I agree!!!! People need to get off Ben’s back, especially the media outlets such as KDKA, ESPN, and NFL NETWORK!!!!!!

17. TO CATCH A PREDATOR/CHRIS HANSEN says:

ERIC WHY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT CLIMBING OFF OR ON A MAN’S BACK? HMMMM

1. Emily K says:

What are you talking about???

do you have any brains?

YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MORON!!!!

I AM GOING TO SIGN OFF FOR THE NIGHT!!!! I am not in the mood for your joking about this story!!!!!

18. PLANTERS PEANUTS says:

ERIC DO YOU LIKE NUTS??

1. Eric says:

ANOTHER STUPID, IGORNANT COMMENT!!!!!!

GET SOME BRAINS!!!!!

What does that have to do with the Pittsburgh Steelers????

2. Pat aka m says:

No, but you do!!!!!

19. Stacy says:

Marty rips PIttsburgh any chance he gets!!!!

WHat will he say when Big Ben and company win another Superbowl?

I guess he will have to bug the Port Authority or UPMC etc…..

20. TO CATCH A PREDATOR/CHRIS HANSEN says:

ERIC IGORNANT?? IF THERE’S ANYTHING ELSE YOU’D LIKE TO TELL US,PLEASE DO; IF NOT ;YOU’RE FREE TO GO.

1. Eric says:

Why are you so upset about a blog?

Are you a tv reporter or something?

21. PLANTERS PEANUTS says:

Pat aka m DID’NT I LEAVE SOME ON YOUR FOREHEAD???

22. Mr. Belvedere says:

There’s more important stories to cover locally & globally. So what if Ben treated his offensive linemen for dinner & drinks at a piano bar. It’s the Superbowl & it’s all about having a good time as team-mates. The guy’s been through enough & was never even convicted, so drop it! Everyone will be jumping on Big Ben bandwagon though should Steelers win another Superbowl. Go Steelers!!

23. Jack Beiber says:

give it a break,let the guys play football. are they any different than you and i. do we once in a while do some of these same things.

24. Pgh Chick says:

I can’t believe Ben or Hines. Kids look up to them. Can’t they please keep their private lives private. Why can’t either of these two get a nice girlfriend and tone it down.

1. Pittsburghette says:

How can they keep their private lives private when everyone is up their butts? Don’t you think it’s possible that they do have nice girlfriends? Ben is engaged mind you and he was in a PIANO bar for god’s sakes. A place that has Dinner and music… treating his line men to a nice night. That makes him a bad person? You’ve never been to a place with dinner and music before? How can you call yourself Pgh Chick and not support our players? And the strip club…leave that to Hines’ lady to judge. He’s not coming home to any of us at night so why be the judge? He is a grown man. Just because he has incredible football skills and makes good money for it doesn’t mean he can’t be just like other men. Geez leave the guys alone! They’re taking us to another Super Bowl and no one is complaining about that!

25. Nick says:

Dear TMZ.COM, & Media Outlets,

Call it what you want,but I see all of you trying to find some reason to make BIG BEN a victim here! He goes out with his teammates in DALLAS! This image of BIG BEN is changing for the positive and all of you reporters and papparazzi’s looking to bring him down! I work in Law Enforcement and don’t condone any illegal behavior or want to see a women be mistreated in any capacity. Let BigBen and the Steelers play football and whatever happened to Old Fashioned good WHOLESOME reporting like the 70’s and 80’s! Big Ben continue to go in the upward direction and ignore the ignorant and shallow people trying to bring u down!

1. Kay says:

Seems like there aren’t old fashioned good wholesome topics to report on because the subjects don’t live this way.

26. JOE says:

WHAT TBE FRICK BUSINESS IS IT OF YOURS WHAT BEN OR ANY OF THE OTHER PLAYERS DO SHUT YOUR MOUTHS

27. Steeler Nation says:

WHO CARES????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28. Sandi says:

TMZ sensationalized the story about men going out to eat dinner and having some fun. KDKA just was getting the facts straight. and getting the truth out. Please don’t bash KDKA they have been doing a great job about reporting the truth instead of inuendos and rumors. I have much respect for KDKA and on how they have been treating Ben’s healing and transformation into a resepctable person. God Speed and Much Love to Our Steelers. Steeler Monday will be grand in 2011 on February 7. Hmmm another 7 Perfect Day, Enjoy. All who know what I am talking about.

29. steelers suck says:

throwing picks and raping chicks…good old ben

Comments are closed.