Dan Rooney Still Proud Of His Players

Pittsburgh (93-7 The FAN) – Steelers owner Dan Rooney spoke after the loss to the Packers in Super Bowl XLV. Rooney is proud of his players and gives a lot of credit to the Packers.

He said the team played great, but penalties and turnovers were the key to the game.

When asked to comment about the ongoing labor issues, Rooney said, “Talk to Goodell, that’s his job.”

More from The Fan Morning Show
Comments

1. Snooky says:

Thanks Mr. Rooney, we are with you. They are OUR STEELERS and we stand behind them. They did a super job, but as you said it wasn’t to be.

1. Big Daddy Kahuna says:

Snooky: Where J Wow?

2. William Ferguson says:

Turnovers did the Steelers in in the end. Big Ben’s stats were comprable to Rodgers but when Mendenhall fumbled “Green Bay ” seized the moment … just to think what would have been , if we drove down and scored a touchdown. .. the Steelers would have their first lead and .. who knows .. maybe won the game … The Steelers need to have another strong draft and need some help in the secondary … I am looking forward to July …

3. Robert from Bethel Park says:

We should thank the Steelers for a great decade of 2001 to 2010, but also need to realize this run is over, as most of this group is football old, beyond their prime. hopefully, good draft picks will fill the gaps experienced this year from injuries and age. aloost all parts of the game need help. Personally, I look for the Steelers to be absent from the Superbowl for about 10 years while they flounder in the NFL wilderness of mediocrity (sp?). Nonetheless lets be proud of this group and look to see most of them in Canton in the future.

2. Larry-J says:

This wa s BIG bENS CHANCE TO SHINE AND HE DID NOT COME THROUGH,BUT ITS A GREAT STARTING POINT FOR jULY.pLUS A MESSAGE TO mR. cOLBERT WE NEED A SHUT DOWN CORNER,PLEASE! nUMBER 22 IS NOT THE ANSWER,AND YES iMEAN NUMBER 22, NUMBER 24 HAS SOMETHING TO BE DESIRED.Good luck in free agency.All in all great job of coaches despite the distractions,which i feel were more than Green Bay had to deal with.In any event congratulations Green Bay enjoy it.Belive me we in Pittsburgh know the feeling.

3. Lonnie says:

Need to improve the offensive line and the corner backs, #22 William Gay needs to go to another team. ( Go Steelers ) there is next year.

4. Keith of Pittsburgh says:

THANK YOU STEELERS FOR A WONDERFULL SEASON SEE YA NEXT YEAR

5. Mary Kay Deemer says:

I’m disappointed, but still very proud of our guys. Win or lose, they’re our Black and Gold. I support the team, no matter what happens. We’ll get ’em next year! Go Steelers!!!

6. Jo says:

Hey Steelers, I’m still a believer! Thanks for an exciting season!! And looking forward to another great season cheering you on.

7. Slash says:

Worst half time show ever.

1. Monie says:

I TOTALLY AGREE SLASH

2. Debbie Devigne says:

I Agree

8. Big Daddy - Jupiter FL says:

I guess it’s time to take down the Christmas tree since it remains up every year until the Steelers season officially ends. Can’t wait for next year to cheer the Steelers again in their quest for another AFC North title, AFC Championship followed by a shot @ Lombardi #7. Go Steelers

1. Tara says:

big daddy i like your traditiion!!!! maybe ill do same next year!!!

GREAT SEASON STEELERS IT HURTS BAD TODAY BUT STILL LOVE YA!!! HOPEFULLY NEXT YEAR WILL BE EVEN BETTER!!!!

2. D.J. says:

I have my Christmas tree up too only after Christmas I renamed it the “Rally Tree.” It has only Steelers ornaments on it. I will take it down today.

9. Dangram says:

If you are really a Steelers fan and not one of those who jumped on the bandwagon a few weeks ago, then you too are proud of our guys. We still have more Lombardis than anyone else and we love every one of you!

1. TARA says:

VERY TRUE DANGRAM!!!! SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF!!! ESPECIALLY ON DAY LIKE TODAY!

10. BETTY says:

I DON’T KNOW WHERE THEY THINK BIG BEN IS SO GREAT…..HE IS EITHER LAYING ON THE GROUND. OR THROWING INTERCEPSIONS… GET A NEW QB

11. Pat says:

Sing me a song the Piano Man.. While Ben was playing the piano keys.. Aaron Rodgers was doing FILM Study!!! You can play those keys AFTER the Super Bowl !!! It was all who wanted it more!! Obvious.. it was Green Bay!!

1. LOKI says:

I love this comment! It shows Ben’s commitment to the team is as shallow as his apologies for all his problems over the years. He has kept a distance from his teammates in previous years and is just now trying to be a team member . . . . I guess we will see. I’m guessing he will be in the headlines sometime this summer.

12. BETTY = Bandwagon Fan says:

Yep, I called myself one.

13. Bob says:

the players and the owners still make their fortune by getting into the super bowl. At least I do not have to buy any over-priced clothing for my kids because the schools now have no interest in Steeler black and blue day this coming week.

14. Shark says:

Great Job Steelers! Remember – It’s not about the win but the effort to win! We have depth in our team.

15. Steeler Man says:

Mr Rooney and the Steeler organization are to be commended on a difficult but great season. I am proud of the team and their character in being gracious in their comments after the game. Go Steelers !

16. NLE says:

Great season. Alot of stuff to hurtle and fight thru and they did. Thanks for the memories Steelers. Go Steelers!

17. Lori says:

I LOVE MY STEELERS WIN OR LOSE!!! Mr. Rooney, his family and the Steelers whole orgainzation are just the best in the NFL!!!

18. Kevin Morris says:

ABSOUTLEY! We love our Steelers! And I am tired of hearing those who Monday morning quarterbacks crying about what could have been. Discussions about the game, sure. But no more whinning. Come on, They’re still the six time champs. #7 will come. Just not this time.

19. Mark Glades says:

I have been a Steeler fan since 1974. I have witnessed many great seasons and endured several lean years. When the Steelers lose,I remind myself and my two sons of the greatest Steeler of them all, Mr. Art Rooney Sr. whose steadfast dedication to his team endured decades of losing before he was rewarded with success. “Winning shows part of your character,losing shows all of it.”

Comments are closed.