ARLINGTON, Texas (KDKA/AP) – Though the Steelers didn’t win a record seventh Lombardi Trophy, they and the Packers did set or tie several other Super Bowl records on Sunday.
The Steelers and Packers set a new record for the fewest rushing attempts by both teams with 36. The Steelers gained 126 yards on 23 rushing attempts.
The following records were tied by either the Packers or Steelers:
- Fewest turnovers in a game: 0 — Green Bay (held by 17 others).
- Most points in a first quarter: 14 — Green Bay (held by six others).
- Largest lead first quarter: 14-0 — Green Bay (Miami vs. Minnesota, 1974; Oakland vs. Philadelphia, 1981).
- Fewest rush attempts by winning team: 13 — Green Bay (St. Louis vs. Tennessee, 2000).
- Most two-point conversions: 1 — Pittsburgh (held by five others).
The Steelers and Packers combined to tie a record held by five other teams for the fewest first downs by penalty.