Just in time for Valentine’s Day, Chef Bill Fuller, of the big Burrito Group, stops by Pittsburgh Today Live with a recipe that will set a romantic scene for your Valentine’s Day celebration!
Pad Thai With Chicken And Shrimp
2 Tbs. neutral oil
½ # Marinated Chicken
½ # small peeled and deveined shrimp
1 tsp. chopped fresh garlic
½ # diced tofu
¼ # mung bean sprouts
2 Tbs. sliced scallions
½ # flat medium rice noodles, soaked in cold water until pliable
Pad Thai Sauce
Fresh cilantro sprigs, about 1 large bunch
Ground dried hot red chilis
¼ C. Toasted unsalted peanuts
12 ea. Lime wedges
1. Heat a wok to high heat. Add oil.
2. Stir-fry chicken. Add shrimp and garlic, stir-fry.
3. Add noodles, tofu, scallions, and half the sprouts. Add ¼ to ½ C. Pad Thai Sauce.
4. When noodles wilt, slide mixture to side of wok. Crack egg into sauce and scramble until barely cooked. Pull noodle mixture back into egg and toss together.
5. Pile on plate. Top with lots of fresh cilantro sprigs, a small sprinkle of toasted chili, peanuts, and lime wedges.
Pad Thai Sauce
¼ C. Fish sauce
½ C. Brown sugar
¼ C. Black vinegar
1 Tbs. Rice vinegar
Directions: Combine all ingredients.
1 ½ Tbs. Sake
1 ½ Tbs. Corn starch
2 tsp. Mushroom soy
1 tsp. Ground black pepper
1 tsp. Soy sauce
1 tsp. Sesame oil
1 tsp. Brown Sugar
1 # chicken breast, cleaned and cut into 1” strips
1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken. Whisk thoroughly until all ingredients are dissolved.
2. Add chicken and mix together. Portion into 6 oz. Portions.