New Treatment Offers Facelift Results Without Surgery

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – There’s been a lot of buzz about a new treatment for the face that works to firm and lift the skin with no needles and no downtime.

The treatment is called ultherapy.

“I definitely didn’t want to get into surgery. I didn’t want to take a lot of downtime either, so this is simple and easy and not very painful I hear, too,” Donna Summers said.

Summers did her homework and knew this was something she wanted to try to help tighten up the sagging skin she’s been noticing when she looks in the mirror.

Dr. Paul Leong said she’s a perfect candidate for ultherapy.

“They know they sort of want to do something. They know they’re not as happy as they used to be, but they may not be that enthused about surgery,” Dr. Leong said.

It uses ultrasound sound waves that create heat energy below the skin’s surface.

“We can see all of the tissues from the skin, all the way down to the bones in the neck, and then we pick exactly the level that we want to do these small thermal treatment zones,” Dr. Leong said.

It’s enough to trigger the body’s natural collagen building process, which means immediate results, and improvement continues over five or six months.

“Remember the treatment here, what’s actually been affected,” Dr. Leong said. “There’s no redness, there’s no nothing. The treatment is a good half-inch under the skin and that’s why it’s so tolerable.”

Before and after pictures show measurable tightening and lifting, especially of what many know as “turkey neck.” Dr. Leong is quick to point out ultherapy doesn’t replace traditional cosmetic surgery, but he said it does offer a nice option. There’s no needles, no anesthetic, no downtime and clear results from a single treatment.

When Summers is all done with her treatment, the doctor will advise her that she may experience a little bit of redness and some tingling for a few days. Other than that, there is no real formal follow-up care.

She’ll be able to go back to her normal skincare and makeup the very next morning.

Pricing for ultherapy varies according to how much work is done.

Specialty, smaller areas like just around the mouth cost around $1,100, neck and cheeks cost about $2,500 and the whole face including the brow, costs about $3,500.

The price is comparable to a traditional face lift, which can run up to $15,000.

RELATED STORIES

More Health Stories
More Local News
Ideal Facial Plastic & Laser Surgery

Comments

1. MARLENE DE BONE says:

wHERE IS DR PAUL LEONG LOCATED?

1. Paul Leong MD says:

Thanks for you question Marlene. I have three offices in the region:

Sewickley
      409 Broad Street, Suite 101B
      Sewickley, PA 15143

SouthSide Works (right next to the American Eagle store on East Carson)
      2643 East Carson Street
      Pittsburgh, PA 15203

Ligonier
      201 South Fairfield St
      Ligonier, PA 15658

All of these offices can be contacted at 412 621-FACE (3223), or you can reach us by going to the “contact us” tab on my internet site – http://www.IdealPlasticSurgery.com

Look forward to meeting you,
      Paul Leong MD

2. Marilyn says:

How do I get in touch with the office of Dr. Leing? I am interested in making an appointment for a consultation.

1. Paul Leong MD says:

Thanks for your question Marilyn.

All of my offices (Sewickley, Southside Works, and Ligonier) can be contacted at 412 621-FACE (3223), or you can reach us by going to the “contact us” tab on my internet site – http://www.IdealPlasticSurgery.com

Looking forward to talking with you,

Best,
      Paul Leong MD

Look forward to meeting you,
      Paul Leong MD

3. MMM says:

I’ve tried contacting this office for a consultation for botox when I needed a shot. His office never even called me back.

1. Rachel says:

I am very sorry for this inconvenience. We do strive for excellence in customer service, however occasionally we make mistakes. Please feel free to call us and we would be very happy to see you.

Rachel
      Patient Care Coordinator

4. Connie says:

How long do the effects of the treatments last?

1. Paul Leong MD says:

Thanks for your question Connie,

The longest experience with Ultherapy has been in Europe where Ultherapy was initially approved for use – 3.5 years ago. Physicians who performed these treatments have observed that many of these patients continue to maintain their results.

Ultherapy has been used in the United States for about 20 months. Physicians in our country have certainly noted that the results persist for that length of time.

How long the results last can vary depending on the particular patient and other details of their history including things like sun exposure, smoking status, etc.

I hope that helps,

Paul Leong MD

5. Terri says:

1100.00 to 3500.00? I thought it was “affordable”!!!!!!

6. LoveYourself says:

Maybe you all should just be happy with aging naturally? Why waste money on stuff like this when you could use it towards a little vacation or something.

7. Ann says:

Why waste your money on such a costly treatment that only lasts about 1 year when for about twice the cost you could have a more permanent face lift. As usual the news report of $15,000 is so over exaggerated.

1. Paul Leong MD says:

Thanks for your comment Ann,

There is good evidence that the results of Ultherapy can last considerably longer than one year. However, you are correct that the results are not as long lasting as a surgical facelift. I perform many facelifts in my practice and we certainly discuss all these options with the patient. Each patient has very individual needs and the best thing is to tailor their treatment to there particular needs and goals. We believe that Ultherapy, as a non-surgical, no down-time, FDA approved lifting procedure represents are valuable option for many patients.

Thanks again for your comment.

Paul Leong MD

8. Ann says:

Why waste your money on a procedure that only lasts 1 year, when for about twice the cost you can have a more permanent face lift. As usual the report of $15,000 for a face lift is exaggerated. Shouldn’t the news report the facts

9. Don Charles says:

What is the matter with your web pages–today? Where is the instant access, link –I wish that you would have left the KDKA website alone. IF IT WAS NOT BROKE DON`T CHANGE IT !!! TRADIO IS GONE I GUESS ON THE PAGES, “WHY” I WOULD GO THERE TO GET PHONE NUMBERS. I do not like this web page -AT ALL. THANK`S DON

10. DIANA says:

THIS IS THE WORST WEBSITE I HAVE EVER BEEN ON, BLACK BOX SHOWS UP AND YOU CANT GET OUT OF IT [SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR NEWS}.EVERYTHING TAKES MANY CLICKS TO GET WHERE YOU WANT TO GO. OTHER NEWS SITES ARE MUCH MORE USER FRIENDLY, THIS IS JUST TOTAL FRUSTRATION AND I AM FINALLY GIVING UP, I LL COME BACK WHEN THIS IS WORTH ALL THE TIME IT TAKES TO GET TO INFORMATION.

11. arriannia says:

same here this website is terrible, the old one was so easy to find anything, now it takes you forever,,I agree if it aint broke don’t fix it

Comments are closed.