Local

Fire Breaks Out At Washington County Apartment

(Photo Credit: KDKA)

(Photo Credit: KDKA)

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

SOUTH STRABANE TOWNSHIP (KDKA) — An apartment building in Washington County was evacuated Saturday night after fire broke out on the second floor.

It happened at the Executive House on Beau Street in South Strabane Township.

Officials say that a neighbor called 911 after seeing the flames.

“We were sitting in the house playing games. My nephew’s birthday party was going on in the house and we kept smelling smoke,” said Cindy Miller, a neighbor. “Someone went out on the balcony and said that the smoke kept getting stronger; so we went out and looked, and on the second floor there was flames coming off of the balcony. So, we called 911 and started getting people out of the building.”

“Undetermined the origin at this time; the fire marshal is on route to do the investigation,” said Assistant Chief Fred Allen, of the South Strabane Fire Department. “It started on the outside balcony area and extended somewhat into the apartment. The crews did a quick knockdown.”

No injuries were reported and crews were able to extinguish the fire quickly.

RELATED LINKS:
South Strabane Township
Washington County
More Washington County News
More Local News

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 6,183 other followers