Aldi Grocery Store Manager Fights Off Robber

GREENSBURG (KDKA) — A man attempted to rob the Aldi grocery store in Greensburg and when his plan failed, State police say he got into a fight with the manager.

It happened around 8 p.m. Monday night just as the store was closing.

State police say the suspect planned it that way.

The suspect entered the store, picked up a gallon of milk, walked to the counter and demanded money.

The clerk alerted the manger who came out of the office. The suspect began to throw punches. Police say the fight lasted a few minutes at which time the black hoodie the suspect was wearing was pulled away.

State police provided video from the store surveillance camera hoping someone will recognize him.

He is described as a white male, thin build, 5-feet 9-inches to 6-feet tall with brown hair.

After the fight, the suspect ran out of the store empty handed.

If you recognize the guy, call the state police in Greensburg at 724-832-3288.

RELATED LINKS
More Greensburg News
More Westmoreland County News
More Reports By Brenda Waters
Pennsylvania State Police
Aldi Foods

Comments

1. Ace Slick says:

They way jobs are these days, I’d risk my life for ten bucks an hour and no benefits at Aldi’s too!!

Maybe they will award him a box of their special, foreign made, imported “Cho-Cho Pops”. Or maybe a pound bag of their frozen, imported Brazilian hamburger.

1. Joseph Puskar says:

thats save a lot … choochoo pop

2. Smarter Than You says:

Actually Ace… Store Managers at Aldi make about $70k per year.

1. Joseph Puskar says:

ace is a moron… if you google aldi they are actually the benihana of grocers in more countries than any other chain… and its better quality than name brand stores locally known.. like overpriced giant eagle where the store manager makes less than an aldi manager

3. johnny69 says:

manager must have absolute zero self defense training…punch the kid in the throat, he goes down and then you get to really tee off on him, like Ric Flair stylin’ and profilin’,,,WHOOOOOOOOOO!

1. cheese says:

To be the man, you have to beat the man! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Figure 4 leglock, four horseman style! Woooooooooooooooooooo!!!

4. Joseph Puskar says:

johnny….the store is full of steel cans… you dont have to have trainin to hack a can at his head

5. NARCY NARC SQUADDER says:

If I see this criminal I’m going to tell on him.

6. Shane says:

what makes one think that they can just punch someone in the throught with impunity? Granted,it is an option in the course of a fight however,only chumps get hit in the throught during a fight, trained fighters like myself will break your arm you try that dumb stuff.

7. Shane says:

what makes one think that they can just punch someone in the throat with impunity? Granted,it is an option in the course of a fight however,only chumps get hit in the throat during a fight, trained fighters like myself will break your arm you try that dumb stuff.

1. Trained shooter says:

You arent no trained fighter and you never broke anyones arm lets be real !

8. Seeking balance says:

I would REALLY hope that if someone sees this IDIOT, they turn them in! Thieves DESERVE to be locked up!

9. jg says:

You need to do it mafia style. Bust his knee cap.

10. Mad says:

I absolutely hate this web-site. When I’m watching videos, the page re-sets, and I have to start it all over again, but first I have to watch the advertisement. is this planned so we have to watch more advertisements? I think I will just go to WTAE for my news from now on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Nick Manning says:

Im all out of tissues for ya

Comments are closed.