Washington Co. Father Denies Abusing Baby Girl

CANTON TOWNSHIP (KDKA) — A father accused of abusing his 3-month-old baby girl tells KDKA’s David Highfield that he doesn’t know how his daughter got so many broken bones.

“I can say it’s a shock. I don’t like it,” said 25-year-old Timothy Goodson of the charges he faces.

Doctors at Children’s Hospital found that Airianna Goodson had multiple fractures, including her collarbone, ribs, arm, leg and foot. Doctors believe they happened at varying times. She was also diagnosed with failure to thrive.

Goodson, who is charged with aggravated assault among other charges, talked to KDKA outside the family’s mobile home in Canton Township, Washington County.

Highfield asked, “Do you remember anything you might have done at some point that would have broken one of the bones?”

Goodson replied, “No. I mean there was one time I put her down faster than normal into the bassinet, but that was it. That’s the only thing.”

In police papers, he allegedly admitted to investigators that he got very frustrated when the baby wouldn’t stop crying, that he may have put the baby down too hard on occasion and may have hit her too hard burping her.

But in our interview, Goodson said, “She cried a lot because she was colicky. I mean first time parent, I got frustrated, but I never handed her any roughly, never.”

He says they took Airianna to Washington Hospital twice, once because it felt like her ribs were moving and popping.

“It didn’t feel right. It felt like they weren’t in place, said Goodson.

He says no broken bones were detected until an incident involving one of the family’s five dogs.

“I was changing her diaper. The dog got rowdy. He jumped over me on to the couch and landed on her leg,” said Goodson. Police say the dog did not cause the broken bones.

A short time after the interview, an ambulance took Goodson away. State Police say they were called because he wanted to sign himself into the hospital.

The baby is now in foster care. Goodson is charged with aggravated assault, among other charges, but the baby’s mother, Rachel White, is only charged with endangering the welfare of children.

RELATED LINKS
More Local News
More Washington County News
More Reports By David Highfield

Comments

1. Ryan says:

Another nominee for Father of the Year.

2. Shane says:

Look at the child beaters eyes,they look to the left when he answers questions.That is a sign of a lying fool.That poor baby,the pain she must have endured living with them neanderthals.The words elude me at this present time,i have some midevil thoughts bouncing around my head as to how i’d deal with a person like that if i seen him on my block.

1. Vicky says:

His eyes always do that. He has a disability and he suffers from depression.

1. Carlos says:

Does beating on babies make him feel less depressed?

2. jessica says:

If i need a license to drive a car people with “disabilities” should need a license to have children. End of story. Don’t even get me started.

3. Paladin says:

Sad that you need a license to drive, own a gun, fish and hunt but not to have a child. It’s time to stop these dopes from breeding.

1. vicky says:

Not his biological child! I know him.

1. Carlos says:

You say he is now the legal father by signing the birth certificate, correct? Paladin’s point is still valid regardless if it is not his biological child.

4. SKIDDER says:

TRAILER TRASH HE IS GUILTY AS SIN WHAT A SHAME

1. Jay says:

AGREE!

5. Yup says:

I know another couple was accused of abusing their daughter and it turned out she had that brittle bone disease, I hope they checked this girl out for her. But THIS guy sounds suspicious. Sounds like his story is shaky and he’s checking himself into a hospital? For what?

1. Vicky says:

Timmy suffers from depression.

1. Carlos says:

So that makes it OK that this happened to the baby? I am depressed from time to time like everyone else on Earth. That doesn’t make it any more right to do something like this.

2. Steelergirl917 says:

DO NOT use depression as an excuse! I have Bi-polar disorder and I have NEVER done this to my children!!!! It is NEVER right to treat ANY child like this! Tell him to leave if he cannot handle it!

3. Geek says:

“Timmy” is a geek

4. matt says:

Depression?. Thats bull Hes just another lazy bum that milks the system and dosent want to work. And i pay taxes to feed this waste. I know him from grade school. Always has been a liar and a thief.

6. JAUN says:

JUST GIVE ME 10 MINUTES WITH HIM 3 MONTHS OLD IS STILL A NEW BORN.I CAN REMEMBER WHEN MY 1ST WAS BORN I WAS AFRAID TO HOLD HIM FOR THE FEAR OF DROPPING HIM. THAT POOR BABY HAS BROKEN BONES.I CAN ONLY IMAGINE THE PAIN THIS LITTLE GIRL HAS GONE THREW. JUST GIVE ME 10 MINUTES! .

7. Mill Hunk says:

Another A$$ hole that needs to be put away. I saw on the news he called an ambulance to be admitted to a hospital. I’m sure on the taxpayers dime.

8. Slyfox says:

SHOOT HIM.

9. Z says:

Well the child should still be takin off him if hes saying he doesnt know how, no parent should even take their eyes off a child for that long, whose that young, so I would say either way hes to blame.

10. Michelle Cline Soldati says:

A wise man keeps his mouth shut while the fool speaks. This man is a complete disgrace to humanity!

11. Pico says:

How sad. The pain and suffering that little girl is going through and although I’m speculating, I’m sure the mother isn’t that much better of a parent. As a parent, I know of every little scratch or tiniest spot on my child, so if your baby had so many broken bones, you’d have to know.

I just hope the baby heals quickly and finds a kind and loving family to raise her far away from these losers (but probably not).

12. Vicky Bershok says:

I know Timmy Goodson. I never thought he would do something like this. He is usually pretty laid back. The baby isn’t even his biological child, yet he signed the birth certificate and became her father. I don’t know… I am at a loss for words. Prayers go out to Airianna and the families involved. This is just terrible.

1. JAMAL DEION AND BUBBA says:

OK THE A HOLE KNOWS HOW TO SIGN HIS NAME.BUT WHY IS HE STILL BREATHING ?

2. jessica says:

Moron, i would NEVER admit to having known him…he’s a disgrace to society. What kind of person are you for associating with him? Geez.

1. Vicky says:

Me? Im a mother to a 3yr old and happily married. Other than that you need to know nothing more about me.

13. Sherrie Sliski says:

I cried my eyeballs out watching this on the news last night. When my 6 month-old daughter woke up to feed last night I cried some more as I held her. Airianna has been in my thoughts all day long.

14. geek says:

He is a geek doosh

15. Shane says:

My militant brothers and sisters we all seem to feel the same way,hang him high seems to be the CONSENSUS!! When i was in the joint mother f—— got it the hard way when they came in with that.I’m sure its the same way today,i hope he has a good lawyer on retainer. Mabye he can ten bucks for his house to get the party started. FREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Stretchy says:

They need to stretch his anus in jail

17. sara says:

Oh my god, i just cried watching this. This is absolutely discusting he needs to be put in jail for a VERY long time. Being a mother of a 6 month old little girl makes me wonder why someone would even THINK about putting their hands on a child in a violent way. What a pig send this a$$hole to jail.

18. Megan says:

Trust me, child abusers and child molesters are the most hated people in prisons. Guards turn a blind eye when it comes to prisoners like him. He will soon know the pain that his daughter endured (and it doesn’t matter if he is not her biological father).

19. Vicky says:

His sister pretty much told me to F off for standing up for him so any comments I made standing up for him IGNORE!

Comments are closed.