Fans Protest NFL Lockout Outside Heinz Field

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – A handful of supporters showed up at Heinz Field to take part in the “NFL Fans National Day of Protest,” Sunday afternoon.

The movement is a grassroots effort “by the fans, for the fans” to show opposition to the current NFL lockout.

The fans who gathered outside of Heinz Field said it’s the fans who will be affected by the lockout if no games are played this fall.

“Everyone’s afraid there’s not going to be a season come September, so we’re hoping our efforts will help it along. The owners recognizes the fans are a big part of this also,” Randy Rose said.

Rose has also started a movement on Facebook called “Lockout the NFL.”

He said he is hoping to get fans to use their voice to influence change.

Protest organizers believe that their voices should be heard because it’s their money that funds the NFL.

RELATED LINKS

More NFL Lockout News
More Steelers News
More Sports News
NFL
NFLLockout.com

Comments

1. tocchet says:

don’t these morons have anything better to do with there time.

1. Mary Garrett says:

We have that right in America….called freedom!!!!! You must not have anything to do to make smart remarks!!!

1. Randy Rose says:

ThankYou

2. Dawn Duffy says:

Sorry, but you really shouldn’t call people morons when you don’t even know the difference between “there” and “their”….

1. Randy Rose says:

Amen

3. Kem says:

I’m sure there are better ways you could be spending your time as well instead of trolling the local news websites.

4. Hoss says:

Like maybe take some spelling lessons? It’s “their” not “there.” Sheesh!

5. Randy Rose says:

Why wasnt you “Thar”?

6. Val Lee says:

Oh nothing is no more moronick then some shallow minded person who is probably an eagles fan!!!!

2. jack says:

both sides will come to an agreement- there is too much $$$$ to lose.

1. Randy Rose says:

Really, We will see.

3. mark says:

Get a life you losers. I am sure the NFL owners and players will come stand outside of McDonald’s if you losers ever got locked out.

4. damFANdango says:

I see that tocchet,,redrock100 and mark are not loosers……HOWEVER THEY DO HAVE TIME TO READ THIS ARTICLE AND COMMENT ON IT .. 🙂

1. Hey Loser says:

It’s “losers”, not “loosers”

5. Leb says:

I really don’t want any football for a while.

6. Biff Pocaroba says:

PROTEST? It’s the fans who will be affected? PLEEEAAASEEEE. Parking lot attendants, Heinz field employees, local news, hotels, internet business, retail, bars, restaurants, and EVEN the people who pick up aluminum beer cans after the tailgaters leave, will ALL be affected. Get over yourselves. Given the climate, I don’t care what the players or owners do. I used to be a NFL fan, but simply don’t care about them anymore.

7. Charlie Sheen says:

Football players are overpaid. Fans are over-charged. And the NFL is a joke. If you want something to do this fall, go out and play somefootball yourselves instead of getting drunk and feeling as if you played a hard game. Loosers.
    I know I won.

1. val lee says:

haha Doesn’t take a game of football to feel like that!!!!!!

8. hejira says:

Greed. Both sides are letting greed control them. They need to stop and think about the fans, whose support pays the players huge salaries and the owners obscenen profits. It didn’t happen the last time, but this time the fans are going to go away. In this economy, where many football fans are either unemployed or underemployed, and can’t pay for their basic needs and care for their children, how can they support players that make more in one year than they will make in their entire lives, or owners who make more than many third world countries? Come to an agreement and give some back to the fans. Does the phrase “goose that laid the golden egg” mean anything to you? Your greed will kill the NFL.

9. Joe Mama says:

How many of you will be out there protesting the fact that our Governor is slashing education spending in PA? Not many, judging from the misuse of “there” and thinking that “loosers” is a word (it’s “losers”). Please, get some perspective about what’s really important. Football is fun, but come on!

1. Tank says:

Over paid teachers need a paycut!
      25 years of liberal America teaching our children has led to a nation of idiots!
      Unions & Liberals have helped ruin America-Wake UP!

2. Kem says:

How do you know these people HAVEN’T been contacting their representatives and protesting since the budget was announced WEEKS ago? For someone so educated, you should realize that people are capable of protesting and speaking out on more than one issue.

Furthermore, even if you don’t care about football, you should be concerned about the NFL because of the impact it will have on the local economy if the lockout continues into football season. Think of all the restaurant and bars, stores and vendors that sell Steelers merchandise, hotels housing visiting fans and press, all of the Heinz Field staff, etc. who will lose money and jobs. The AFC Championship game brought MILLIONS of dollars into Pittsburgh–and that was just one game! Imagine how many jobs and dollars will be lost if an entire season is gone!

1. Randy Rose says:

AMEN Kem

10. MYRON says:

PLEASE TELL WHAT HAS THE NFL FAN MISSED. NOT ONE GAME HAS BEEN CANCELED .THEY GOT 4 MONTHS TO WORK OUT THE PROBLEMS. THERE IS TO MUCH MONEY INVOLVED TO NOT PLAY THE GAMES.THESE A HOLES PROTESTING SHOULD GET A LIFE.

11. FixPGH says:

It’s hockey season, let the football players bask in their millions from this past season, they will be ok.

12. Randy Rose says:

Im the moron and Loser your talking about. First off, This was Nationwide at every NFL Stadium in the Country Yesterday, not just Pittsburgh. Second, Your obviously not Football fans or Steeler fans, If you are, your “wanna-be’s..not true fans, or you would care..You will be the first to whine and cry come Sept. when there is no Football, (But, you know it all) @Joe Mama..lol…Im from Ohio, not Pa.and Im very active in Politics..@Myron, You must not have much of a life and do you have any idea what a Lock-Out is? I doubt it.. @Charlie Sheen..lmao. Is that your hero? @ tocchit..I have plenty to do with My time..I work and go to School full-Time at 55..Did you even gradiate H.S.? I drove 2 hours from Ohio to stand-up for every fan that loves Football and The Steelers. The only ones from Pittsburgh, was 3 people from My Steelers Group, not a single person, other than that showed. Pretty sad. But you sure will cry, come Sept. and stand with your thumb up your ass, when there is no football. So Im no moron or loser. I have a life, you should get one too..

1. Dave says:

Yes, football is entertaining. I go to some games and watch most. I have several signed Steelers footballs spanning decades. But it’s just a game. If there is a lockout, then life will go on and those 3 hours on Sunday for 16+ weeks out of the year will easily be filled with other things. No loss of sleep for me. I’m a real fan, but moreso have a real life which will not be affected by a lockout.

2. Earl Simmons says:

Randy I appreciate your commitment, your desire, your fortitude. I am proud that I know you through your Steelers Group, I think of you as a friend and fellow brother. I could not make the drive to protest so I am grateful you went in our stead. You sir our an inspiration to all Steeler fans and I look forward to meeting you in person one day

13. Hooahwife27 says:

Thank you Randy Ross for all of your support. I wish I could have been there to protest. Football means a great deal to alot of us and it will affect us all. BRAVO ON STANDING UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN. STEELER NATION

14. Lisa Sweeney says:

i agree ! no way can they be true fans ! come september , they’ll all be wishing they had supported our cause! keep up the good work ! we all love you !

15. KAREN says:

BRAVO RANDY……..I BELONG TO AND LOVE YOUR STEELER PAGE. NO TRUE FAN WOULD BE SO INDIFFERENT TO WHAT IS GOING ON. I WISH I HAD BEEN THERE WITH YOU GUYS YESTERDAY. WE, WHO LOVE OUR STEELERS, GIVE THEM ALL THE SUPPORT THEY NEED AND WANT.

16. Althea Kristufek says:

Yeah, it’s baseball season here in the Burgh! Doesn’t look to be very promising considering the Pirate’s losing record over the past upteen years. Pens may or may not bring home a Stanley Cup but their regular season is almost over. Pittsburgh is a football town. Always has been always will be. The Grand STEELER NATION! Hah, to think we were beaten once again by a bunch of “bird lovers” is disguisting. They had more fans gather in support in the Ravens than we did in support of our Steelers. Ken Rice, you suprise me with your comments. Charlie Sheen, you are a “loser” so I’m not paying much attention to you. Randy Rose, thank you for being there because you definitely are a “true-blooded” Steeler Fan in my book! The rest of you who are still reeling from the loss in the Super Bowl, get over it will you! I love football–even more my Steelers–and I want the game to be played this Fall! I want #7 trophy in our case at Heinz Field. I want this lock-out settled–whatever it takes to get it that way is okay in my book! If more people stood up for what they believe in–politics, sports, etc.–we would not be in the mess we are in right now.

1. common cents says:

common cents

play or not the rooney’s want my season ticket money next month
      or i lose my seats for the season

1. Dave says:

I’m assuming that if the season is officially canceled that you get the money back??? You’d certainly hope so…

17. critter says:

8 people that needed a good bath

18. DaisyMae says:

Is white a color? Critter you and your cousin need to go to an Opthamologist. What does a color have to do with this seasons football season?

19. whiskey6 says:

I think what Critter and his cousin are saying is if there is no season,crime will go up amongst athletes.

Comments are closed.