Komen Pittsburgh Race for the Cure

Join the 21st annual Komen Pittsburgh Race for the Cure with friends, family, and KDKA.

The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure is the largest series of 5K runs and walks in the world and 75% of the money raised goes towards local breast cancer education, screening and treatment initiatives, while the remaining 25% goes towards Komen’s national research grants.

The race is dedicated to helping raise awareness and money to go toward the fight against breast cancer and celebrates breast cancer survivors.  It also recognizes those who have fought but lost against the disease.

You can run the 5K competitive course, walk or run the 5K non-competitive route, or walk the 1 mile fun walk with Bonny Diver! This walk can be done with a team or as an individual.  All registration fees include the official Komen Race for the Cure T-Shirt and race bib.

At this event there will also be a kid’s dash at 7:30am for children 6 and under, a family fun area, and a tribute to survivors. Be sure you stop by before or after the races to say hello to the KDKA booth!

For more information on the Komen Pittsburgh Race for the Cure or other ways to get involved, click here.

For more information on registration and fees, email info@komenpittsburgh.org or call 412 342-0500

bonny diver Komen Pittsburgh Race for the Cure


One Comment

  1. suzanne says:

    Sunday is May 8, 2011 not May 9.

  2. Debbie Donofrio says:

    Dear Bonny, I, too, am a breast cancer survivor and work at the inpatient unit of FAMILY HOSPICE – the Center for Compassionate Care. If you’re ever looking for volunteers for your cause, I’d love to help out. CONGRATS for reaching out and helping. I hope you’re healthy!

Comments are closed.

More From CBS Pittsburgh

Play It
Get The All New CBS Local App

Listen Live