Service Turned Off After Gas Leak At Gateway High School

MONROEVILLE (KDKA) — Officials say students at Gateway High School had an early dismissal today after a strange odor was reportedly discovered in the cafeteria.

The students were dismissed by bus and parent pick-up.

Officials with the Monroeville police say fans were brought in to ventilate the building.

Representatives from the Monroeville Fire Department, Peoples Gas and Allegheny County HAZMAT looked into the situation.

According to school officials, they “red tagged” a hot water tank and repairs were made to the school’s ventilation system.

Gateway High School will operate on a regular schedule on Thursday.

Gateway High School
Monroeville Police
More Local News

Bringing You The Best in Sports Talk Radio
Download And Win Today!

Listen Live