Details On Bin Laden’s Death

PITTSBURGH (NewsRadio 1020 KDKA) – United States forces have killed Osama bin Laden.

Speaking from the White House in a late night address Sunday, Obama said a small team of Americans launched a targeted operation that he approved.

He said no Americans or civilians were killed. Bin Laden’s body was retrieved after a brief firefight.

KDKA AM’s Larry and John get the latest from the Associated Press’ National Security Advisor Sagar Meghani live from the Pentagon.

For more information on this developing story:

More from Larry Richert

1. Dan says:

I will believe it when I see it !

2. Lynn says:

Irony would have it that he was killed during the exact time of the NRA convention here in Pittsburgh.Yeah too gun owners!!!!

1. d anderson says:

1. Lynn says:

D-Anderson -Becuase talking in CAPS reveals your true ignorance. To answer your question, I guess he wasn’t shot in the head with a cruise missile!

2. Joan says:

Lynn, only TRAINED military personnel carrying weapons brought an end to Bin Laden. This doesnt have anything to do with the right for civilians to own and bear arms. You’re taking it a bit too far. If you are going to support an issue, especially one that taken too far can be lethal, we are all better served with rational thinking using facts and logic.

3. big john says:

The evil one is dead. Thank God and may we never see one like him ever again.

4. So sure says:

Yea well where is the proof. They said they buried him already because of Muslim tradition? Sounds like BS to me. He didn’t care about the innocent Americans he murdered so why do we care about his Muslim tradition. They should prove it not just say he is dead!

1. Tammie says:

I TOTALLY agree! Where’s the PROOF? Wake up AMERICA! Don’t take Obama’s word, we WANT PROOF!

1. We Want the TRUTH! says:

For sure… I heard they dumped his body in the ocean without letting an independent autopsy take place. Then I see these doctored photos of him dead… What gives? This is like “building 7”?

2. Irish Eyes says:

I thought the same thing. Is it coincidence that this is occurring at the exact same time that Obama’s numbers have sunk to an all time low?

5. Silver says:

They should show proof – it sounds suspisous to me. Sound to me like it is hip to get more votes in the up and coming election

6. So sure says:

We killed Bigfoot but we buried his body because we don’t want the animals of the mystical forest to mourn him.

7. So sure says:

Let me guess they buried Bin Laden’s body right next to Saddam’s weapons of mass destruction.

8. Angie says:

I agree with almost everyone’s posts…..WHERE’S THE PROOF!!!! I want to see his body myself..not believe what Obama or anyone else is saying! We as Americans deserve to see his dead body!

9. Matthew Crooks says:

With all that we have suffered at the hands of this man. I believe the we as American Citizens desirve the right to see the body of Osama Bin Laden and a video of the burial at see.

10. TEE says:

11. BC says:

You people are exactly what’s wrong with America: a bunch of hateful, racist, ignorant, God-fearing, gun-toting dingbats. All Hail President Trump! That would be so sad, it’d be funny.

12. Joan says:

Having fun kids? We get the right to comment and these are the comments you come up with – like its entertainment. I cant believe you think he’s buried already – and ‘at sea’? There will definitely be an autopsy and identification by various authorities of other nations. I think they also want to ascertain his current health, as to reports of illness. Certainly there will be military and civilian review of every hair and dust mite both at the site and on the bodies of any dead and interviews of any at the compound and surrounding area – certainly as to why he was being succored in that location.

1. Joan says:

Well – I stand corrected – they ARE saying that Bin Laden was buried at sea. I didnt believe it because it sounded so…um…. unwise. That Muslim tradition would allow it to happen AT SEA in what is really WAY less than 24 hrs makes everything also sounds a little shaky. That no other country would accept the body is somewhat plausible… well I gave a knee jerk reaction so only time and more review can tell, or perhaps not. I hope they at least sunk him in the Marianas trench but this is never going to end in Al Quaedas mind anyways.

13. BC says:

DNA and the affirmation of two Seal teams should be enough, but not for you idiots. God, I hope you don’t live in the Northeast…stay in the South or the Midwest with the rest of the anti-science/Reality crowd. We should have let you cecede 150 years ago and form your own Moron Repubic.

14. ben says:

America gets a Birth Certificate AND a Death Certificate in one week. Too bad many of us will think they’re both fake. Oh well…maybe we are Rome II?

15. chuck says:

Obama, the greatest president ever.. He just needs more time to fix all the republicans mistakes. Next get the healthcare going, stop the scabs on Wallstreet,you non believers -hows that change coming along now??

16. bill says:

Just like Hitler, there will never bee enough proof or the right proof to satisfy whacked conspiracy theorists that he is dead.

17. Ryan says:

I heard Osama was buried at Sea, I hope that means his remains were flushed down a toilet.

18. Live in Pittsburgh says:

Wow, first I find it very interesting that there so many people wanting to see a dead body. I mean REALLY!!! You know why we as a society sometimes have to just take what the government says and deal with it? B/c too much information kills. We don’t know what to do with ourselves. So they said he’s dead. I guess I just have to believe it. I really don’t need to see a dead body. When you really think about it, if some of you posters above had a family member who committed heinous crimes against society and the rest of us begged, pleaded, demanded to see their dead body you would be horrified and insulted. Regardless of what the man ( i use that term loosely) did, he is still a person. No, I’m not a sappy bleeding heart. Believe me I can argue the death penalty with the best of them, I believe some people must pay dearly for what they have done. But I also don’t see the need to view every single facet of their death. And I’m in school for Forensics believe it or not. I can look at a dead body all day. Doesn’t phase me the least. But really he’s dead. I believe in our troops (my older sister) I believe in our President. And yes, it is one heck of a coincidence that all this happened at the same time but DUH, sometimes it just does. Stop being so suspect of every little detail, this is why those with the most access to information know the least about it but talk the loudest about nothing.

19. Gema says:

America’s excuse for occupying Afghanistan and Iraq was Al-Qaeda and their boss: Bin Laden. This excuse was based on a fake story about 11 september, made by the US government to occupy some countries. The fact is that they wanted a good reason to attack afghanistan and some other countries, so they made this redeculous story of establishing peace and security, etc. Now after about 10 years, they claim that they have killed Bin Laden (Although they had claimed it several times before). They themselves anounced it and there is no evidence to make sure they are telling the truth or not….

As Mr.Ahmadinejad says (the concept, not the exact words): We don’t believe the whole America’s sayings about killing Bin Laden. Whether what The US claims is true or false, one thing is obvious: (Apparently) we are not gonna see a person named Bin Laden in political issues from this time on. This means that the US government is gonna use some new policies in the middle east. Now that you (the US government) say you killed him (at least you yourself believe it), it’s time to leave the middle east. Thank you very much! Security was completely established!!! Thank you for killing about one million people…. Now that you have succeeded, leave our region.

Comments are closed.