BRADDOCK HILLS (KDKA) –When several fire departments were called to the old Holiday Inn in Braddock Hills, they soon discovered they had more than flames on their hands.

A worker inside the building was found dead. The victim had been working along side another contractor. The Braddock Hills Fire Chief Mark Lisovich says the men had been working in the mechanical and electrical rooms in the basement and that is where the fire started. The area sustained extensive fire and smoke damage.

Lsovich did not say if the victim was electrocuted, but is calling the incident an “electrical hazard.”

The Holiday Inn closed in 2008 when a broken sprinkler system flooded the place. The victim has not been identified yet.

More Local News
More Reports By Brenda Waters

Watch & Listen LIVE