Gas Prices Approaching $4 A Gallon

By: Heather Abraham

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Gas prices continue to climb as the national average closes in on $4 a gallon.

It’s hard to watch.

As the price the rolls up, you notice just how much – or how little – gas you’re getting.

“I remember when I first started driving, it was 96 cents. And then when I got my license, it was $1.40. And I thought that was expensive. Now, it’s $4! I don’t think its ever going to end,” Shane Fox said.

“It’s definitely a crunch on the wallet. I remember just a month ago it was just around $3 a gallon,” Ben Eberts said.

The frustration is amplified with every increase. It’s an unfairness that drivers don’t understand. However, they simply can’t refuse to pay.

“I don’t think they have a choice. What are you going to do? You [have] to get in your car and go to work, pay your bills. So, what are you going to do?” Fox said.

While some gas stations have yet to surpass the $4 mark, there are plenty around the area who already have.

A BP on the South Side is already charging $4.05 for a gallon of regular unleaded.

Many fear its going to get much worse very soon.

“I don’t think we’re done at $4, unfortunately. And the sad part is we don’t know high it’s [going to] go,” Eberts said.

Another concern for many is the increased cost of anything that needs to be shipped or delivered.

Over the last couple of years, items at the grocery store have had the potential to go up in price due to rising gas prices.

RELATED LINKS

More Local News
More Reports From Heather Abraham
AAA Fuel Gauge Report
Gasbuddy.com

Comments

1. 1-2-3 says:

The price per barrell of Oil is dropping and the price at the pumps keep going up. Bend over General Public the oil company’s are really $$crewing us.

1. BOHICA says:

Couldn’t agree more….BOHICA=Bend Over,Here It Comes Again

2. Psycho says:

then find an alternative fuel. Oh you say you cant, its an inelastic demand, you tree huggins suck ass liberals that want to save the wilderness from absolutely nothing are the cretins that are sucking you dry. there is enough fossil fuel in this country to bankrupt the entire middle east, central and south america. But no, you liberal stink bags and your peta, greenpeace and the rest of you AL Gore impersonaters drive your american 25 bedroom estates with air condioning should all be euthinized and buried at sea.

3. No lie says:

Psycho- chill out, did you forget to take your Meds today.

4. Little Pepe says:

I tried peeing in my gas tank as a alternate fuel but my car didn’t run well and smelled like someone peed on a steam radiator.

1. Water Engine says:

Ha Ha….If you invent a water ( or pee) engine,they will hunt you down and kill you

5. Russ says:

The price of gasoline has more than doubled since Obama became president. Remember when his energy czar said that the administration won’t be happy until the price of a gallon of gasoline hits $10.00/gal. Obama is getting a big smile on his face.

6. Sam says:

7. critter says:

keep voting democrat in alleghenty county, This is what u get

8. Joseph Pearl says:

Thanks for the article. This is important information I need to know for my practice as a consumer attorney.

Joseph Pearl