Jury Finds ‘Greensburg 6’ Defendant Guilty On All Counts

GREENSBURG (KDKA) — After four hours of deliberation on Thursday, the jury found the teenager accused in connection with the death of a Greensburg woman last year guilty on all counts.

Angela Marinucci was charged with first-degree murder in the death of 30-year-old Jennifer Daugherty in February of 2010. Marinucci is one of six people accused in Daugherty’s torture and death.

The jury convicted Marinucci on all six counts against her, including first, second and third degree murder, conspiracy to commit murder, conspiracy to commit kidnapping and kidnapping.

Jennifer Daugherty’s mother, father and little sister held hands in the courtroom while the verdict was read.

“We were very pleased with the verdict and very proud that the jury did such a good job,” Jamie Daugherty, the victim’s sister, said.

This was the first trial for the six people charged in the case.

“Well, it’s great to have one because now I won’t be quite so afraid of the next ones,” Denise Murphy, the victim’s mother, said. “I think justice was done and it doesn’t bring us closure, but it helps a little bit knowing that she [Angela Marinucci] will not be on the streets to ever do this to someone else.”

Bobby Murphy, the victim’s father, says the verdict is not a celebration for his family.

“It’s the start of justice for Jennifer,” he said. “As I was sitting in the courtroom for the last week and a half, I was looking at the 18-year-old defendant up there. I kept thinking about what she had done to Jennifer and if the guilty verdicts come back, she’s throwing her life away.”

“So to all the young teenagers out there and the bullies, think about what you’re doing before you throw your life away,” Murphy added. “I ask the parents to give directions to your children. Don’t let them throw their life away and spend life in prison.”

The family thanked prosecutors and state police.

“I think the jury did a wonderful job. It was a difficult case for us to prosecute and I’m sure it was a difficult case to evaluate in terms of all the witnesses that were presented by the commonwealth,” Westmoreland County District Attorney John Peck said.

“We do intend to file an appeal – we feel we have some decent appellate issues to raise – and we’ll just continue to fight this,” Mike DeMatt, Marinucci’s defense attorney, said.

Angela Marinucci’s mother was not in the courtroom because she had to go to work. Her daughter faces a mandatory life sentence.

Westmoreland County Courthouse
Follow Trina Orlando on Twitter
More on this story
More Local News

1. Dave says:

Please Jury…don’t let common-sense down….

2. adda boy says:

death by hanging

3. kristy says:

what in the he!! is there to “deliberate?!” kill her!!!!

4. Julie says:

I fear that her attorney’s approach to knowing her “intent” is what’s going to get her off the first degree charge. It’s her word against those who are also criminals. I hope the jury sees through her and gives her life in prison. She deserves it. It’s better than what Jennifer got!

1. Dave says:

You’re most likely right. Sad thing is that that argument could be used for any gang-related crime. By gang I don’t mean gang bangers, but rather any group of people who collectively commit a crime like this. I bet each of these pieces of garbage uses the same argument that they were just following the crowd and weren’t the actual leader.

5. dan says:

all i can say is 6 bullets one for each!

1. mike says:

I will drink to that

6. dan says:

guess what she is a criminal

7. G. Miklos says:

lets see, she says Daugherty was her “friend” but she participated in beating her….stood by when they voted to kill her….came up with what to do with the body….and never lifted a finger to stop the torture or killing. gee Id hate to have her as an ememy!

8. shirley newill says:

Why does she hide her face EVERYONE knows who she is a murderer

9. shirley newill says:

Why does she hide her face EVERYONE knows who she is a murderer i hope she gets life then shell get a new boyfriend opps i mean GIRFRIEND!!!!!!!!!

1. Jim says:

Have you seen her face!?!?! I’m GLAD she’s covering that thing up! ugh….

1. I'm just saying... says:

Agreed! Maybe that’s why she was hanging around an older, icker man? BC no one her age wanted that!

10. ap says:

If this wasn’t such a sad, sad case, it would almost be humorous that this girl was willing to do this over that other low-life guy?! Um, ya, he’s quite the catch! I hope all 6 of them burn in hell.

11. FedUp says:

Let’s polish up the chair . . . .

12. What?! says:

Who the hell would want to be these 6 idiots attorney!?!

1. 2059 says:

No-one, he was court appointed.

13. I'm just saying... says:

Wait she’s that smart to come up with “I was afraid what the other would do to me?”, I think someone fed that line to her….

14. jr says:

YEA BABY!!!! Rot in hell you sick POS

15. Dan says:

FINALLY!!!! A _just_ verdict! Sadly Pennsylvania has only carried out on three of its death row sentences.

16. Thomas J Duttine says:

I hope you enjoy the rest of your life in prison….Too bad you were too young to get the needle!

17. joe says:

hand em high!!! all of them

18. Amanda M says:

That was quick! Now, let’s get the other 5 all found guilty that fast too. Too bad the death penalty would take too long..

19. 2059 says:

This POS was a juvey when this happened, no death penalty here.

20. krutch44 says:

stop jail house snithches are unreliable to say the least if she had money she wouldnt have been convicted.I find it hard to believe a 17 old girl could orchestrate this whole thing when convcted crimanls were the ones whom killed the woman.

1. ap says:

right….cause 17 year old girls NEVER do anything evil and mean. you are dillusional. she is just as guilty as the other 5. hope she spends the rest of her life in jail thinking about what a horrible person she is.

2. mmaletta says:

First of all krutch44, a snitch is someone who is involved with a crime. The ones this idiot talked to in jail about what she did were not involved with the crime, so get your facts straight before you start talking! Secondly, money would not have brought a not guilty verdict on this one!

3. T.O. says:

I know someone caught up in a situation like this and their reaction was to try and stop it. They were never looked down upon for immediately reporting what had happened or testifying against the animals that did it. He was never charged with anything because he tried to stop them and was nearly killed himself. This doesnt have anything to do with being a snitch. I just hope the state doesnt release her from prison early to make room for someone convicted of a marajuana related bust.

21. T says:

Too bad will live a long life off our tax payer dollars. Hope the others get convicted just as fast and get the death penalty

22. Kathy says:

Hardly justice for the horrific hell that poor young woman endured. Too bad they can charge an 11 year old as an adult, but we have to pay for this useless waste of human flesh to have 3 hots and a cot for the rest of her pathetic life. I am all for an eye for an eye in this case. Hope she get what she deserves in prison.

23. James says:

Pittsburgh’s own “Foxy Knoxy!”

24. AS says:

glad she is guilty on all charges .she shouldn’t of had the chance to get away with any of that.. but all i have to say is have fun in jail for the rest of your life =) or at least for a lonnnnnng time

25. Mr HOP says:

I’m glad that the jury didn’t fall for that “they made me do it” BS!

26. RF says:

The mother couldn’t call off work for this really?! I don’t blame the mother for what her daughter did, please don’t get me wrong!

Stories like this scare the hell out of me! They make me want to keep my babies at home where I can protect them!

I’m proud of the jury on this case! I remember laying in bed that snowy morning that they found the trash can with that poor girl inside of it! My heart was broken for her & her family!

27. Connie says:

This case has disturbed me from the moment it hit the news, I can not fathom how these people could do such a horrible thing to such a lovely, trusting young woman. For what? I for one, don’t believe in the death penalty; better those who commit murder and these 6 in particular, get to sit in a 6×9 cell and relive their crimes preparing for the day in heaven when they have to face the Lord and explain why to Him. God help each and every one of them. My thoughts and prayers are with Jamie Daugherty and her family. God Bless you.

28. Bea says:

I’m glad this conviction was handed-down. It is justice. But, I couldn’t help but think, What? The mother wasn’t there because she had to work? You’re daughter is about to be convicted for the rest of her life, even though you know she did it, you’re her mother. You should be there, I can’t imagine a job that wouldn’t give you the day off for this. I can’t help but wonder how a 17 year old can be this far off with how to live life right, to be so evil, be involved with such trash. Maybe mom working says a lot.

1. JK says:

That disturbed me too. I agree how are you not there to watch your daughter either get not guilty or guilty.

29. Harry says:

I hope she rots in hell and is abused in prison. The should fire up old sparky and place her in it, fry her!

30. fed up says:

How sad for Jennifer’s family. They have to relive her horrific final hours five more times. You are truley courageous. This will not bring back your Jennifer, but, justice will be served. I think all six of them should fry for what they did, but, that is my opinion. I think it is a waste of taxpayer dollars to have to keep them for life. Maybe when they get to prison, some jailhouse justice will get served on them. To Jennifer’s family, stay strong. The thoughts and prayers of the community are with you. God Bless you and give you some peace.

31. Bob Faust says:

She is so nasty. Good thing she hides her face. She looks like trash too.

32. pitts says:

She looks about 40 years old….

33. T. O. says:

Justice wpould be harvesting her vital organs for those in need of transplants while she conscience and unsedated.

34. shirley newill says:

huray for justice i hope she rots in jail shell be sorry when them mean bicthes get ahold of her in PRISON

35. Shirley Newill says:

Huray for justice

36. Bernie says:

My hat is off to the daugherty family for saying they feel sorry for Anela’s family because they to have suffered a loss,this once again shows what kind of family you are and how you raised Jennifer to be the person she was. Shame on Angela’s mother for going to work and leaving her and this obviously shows why she was the person she was. God bless the Daugherty family for all they have endured and what is yet to come , but your Love for Jennifer has brought you this far and will continue to bring to the end of your journey when Jennifer’s attackers will receive what they truly deserve. God gives us what we deserve,good or bad, And I am sure thay will receive what they deserve soon and you and Jennifer will be at Peace.Know that Jennifer is truly in Heaven and seeing that God is working on giving her ,and will continue to give all of them their just rewards.

Comments are closed.