If you’re looking for a delicious dinner and dessert combination, try out these two recipes from Bella Sera today!
Pasta With Roasted Red Pepper Pesto and Grilled Chicken
- 1 pound of your favorite pasta, cooked al dente
- ½ pound fresh baby spinach
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 6-8 oz chicken stock
- 8 oz roasted red peppers, drained thoroughly
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan, Pecorino Romano or Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
To make the pesto:
Place red peppers and fresh garlic in food processor and blend. Slowly drizzle in olive oil. This mixture should form a smooth puree.
Add more olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice. This can be done a day or two ahead of time.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Dice onions and sauté with ¼ cup of olive oil until onions are soft.
Dice chicken breast and sauté until cooked.
Chop spinach, add to skillet and toss until wilted.
Add pesto, then pasta, then chicken stock as needed.
Garnish with cheeses.
Fresh Strawberries with Mint and Balsamic Vinegar
- I pint fresh strawberries
- 2-3 tablespoon high quality balsamic vinegar
- 2-4 sprigs mint leaves, chiffonade
- fresh cracked pepper
Slice or quarter strawberries. Toss with remaining ingredients.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
font-family:”Times New Roman”,”serif”;}