PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Whether you’re planning a weekend roadtrip, heading to visit relatives or are getting away from it all with a tropical vacation, we have the links to help make sure your trip is a smooth one!
How are you getting to your destination?
What mode of transportation are you using? We’ve broken it down by category, just scroll down to see them all!
HITTING THE ROAD:
TRAVELING BY AIR:
- Current Weather Conditions
- Pittsburgh International Airport
- Directions To Pittsburgh International Airport
- Check Flights Arriving at Pittsburgh International
- Check Flights Leaving From Pittsburgh International
- Dropping Off Or Picking Up Passengers at Pgh International
- FAA Flight Delay Information
- TSA Tips: Get Through The Security Line Faster
- TSA Tip: Understanding the 3-1-1 For Carry-Ons
BOUND FOR THE BUS TERMINAL:
TAKING THE TRAIN:
BEFORE YOU LEAVE HOME:
- Stop your mail so it doesn’t pile up in your mailbox
- Put your newspaper on hold while you’re away: Nothing says “We’re not home” more than all those papers piling up in your driveway! (Online Vacation Stop Requests: Post-Gazette)
- Set timers to turn lights inside your home on/off
- Keep the outside of your house well-lit (motion sensor lighting can dissuade would-be burglars)
- Secure sliding doors with metal rods in the track
- Make sure all doors & windows are locked
- Don’t leave messages on your answering machine saying you’re away or out of town