Local

Fire At Butler Co. Furniture Store Started In Trash Can

(Photo Credit: KDKA)

(Photo Credit: KDKA)

Mary Robb Jackson Mary Robb Jackson
Mary Robb Jackson joined KDKA-TV as a general assignment reporter in...
Read More

BUTLER CITY (KDKA) — A two-alarm fire broke out this morning at a furniture store that has become a famous fixture in Butler County.

The blaze broke out around 9 a.m. at Worsley Furniture on North Main Street in the City of Butler. The store has been there for 84 years.

KDKA’s Mary Robb Jackson reports from the scene that it is believed the fire started with some staining rags in a metal trash can in the store’s finishing department on the second floor.

“I just heard her screaming, ‘call 911, there’s a fire.’ So, I immediately called 911,” said Keri Dolan, of the Worsley family. “We have people in apartments, so my first thought was we’ve got to get up there. Ran upstairs, knocked on doors, got everybody out.”

Firefighters used foam to smother the flames, but there was some smoke and water damage.

No injuries were reported as a result of the fire.

RELATED LINKS:
Butler County
More News from Butler County

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 6,482 other followers