Road Construction On Busy Weekend Could Cause Major Delays
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — There’s a lot going on in the city of Pittsburgh this weekend from the Three Rivers Arts Festival downtown to the Pirates-Phillies games over at PNC Park on the North Shore, add to that the continuing road construction season and there could be some major delays.
Check out the information below for more from PennDOT on what road work is going on this weekend.
Major closings and restrictions this weekend include:
Parkway East (I-376)
- Single lane traffic from 8 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday Outbound
- Single lane traffic overnight Friday into Saturday – three lane areas inbound
- Single lane closure (two of three lanes open) from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. At 11 p.m., two of three lanes will be closed allowing only one inbound lane to remain open overnight through 6 a.m.
- Single lane closures from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Starting midnight Friday, two of three lanes will be closed overnight.
Guide Rail Repairs on Parkway East
- Southbound lanes closed between Glenfield (Exit 66) and Mt. Nebo (Exit 68) interchanges
- Both directions between Edgewood Swissvale (Exit 77) and Monroeville (Exit 80) interchanges
- The tunnel will be closed in both directions from 10 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Saturday.
- Traffic in both directions on I-79 in Robinson and Kennedy townships will be reduced to a single lane from 7 p.m. Friday through 6 a.m. on Monday between the Neville Island Bridge (Exit 64) and the Crafton/Route 60 interchange (Exit 60) .
Parkway West (I-376)
- Single lane traffic will occur on the outbound at the Carnegie Interchange (Exit 65) from 6 a.m. to noon Saturday.
Clairton Glassport Bridge
- Bridge will be closed to traffic from 8 p.m. Friday through 6 a.m. Monday.