Missing Girl In Rochester Returns Home

ROCHESTER (KDKA) — A girl who went missing in Beaver County Tuesday afternoon is now back at home.

Rochester Borough police said 15-year-old Sadie Boyd had last been seen by a friend around 1:30 p.m. Tuesday near Connecticut Avenue.

Crews were out until 2 a.m. overnight looking for Boyd. They brought in search dogs and helicopters, but did not find anything.

However, Rochester police say Boyd returned home safely on her own this morning.

RELATED LINKS
Beaver County
More Local News
More Beaver County News

Comments

1. raul says:

Correct me if I am wrong but that scar looks to be BELOW her left eye but then again who cares about details at KDKA.

2. Jennifer says:

It is below her eye. Its from a dog bite. Please if you see her call the police her family is worried sick. It breaks my heart to see her mother and grandmother crying.

3. Jennifer says:

Sadie, COme HOME WE MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. aunt jenn says:

sadie come home.. we all miss u..ur in my prayers honey..i love u ..b strong family i love u guys

5. steve says:

I live right on Deer lane by connecticut ave and will be on watch. The family is in my prayers.

6. Heather says:

Prayers. I wish there was something that I could do. I copied and posted the report on my Facebook. I wish strength for the family and a safe return.❤

7. Tracy Kopps Harman says:

SADIE AUNT TRACY LOVES YOU PLEASE COME HOME.

8. Nikkki says:

She is home safe! Thank You for all your help and prayers!

9. Johnathan says:

Good To Hear. Hope She gets happy and realizes people care.

10. Jenn says:

Glad to hear she is safe. 15 is a hard age. It is nice to hear of a happy ending for a change. I wish her the best.

11. Nellie Lynch says:

Many prayers of people who prayed for a safe return were answered. WELCOME HOME, SADIE!!!

12. my2cents says:

So where did she go? Was she endangered or at a friends house and failed to tell anybody? If that was the case, I hope the parents have to pay for all of the manpower and resources for the search.
    Just my 2 cents!

1. Pitt Fan says:

Shut up…moron

1. My2cents says:

Whats wrong with my question? I look at the big picture! If she was endangered thats one thing. If she was Pi$$ed off at her parents or had issues and went to a friends house, then that is another thing!
        With all of the local and state government budget issues, i am just asking the question and making a point. Lets see, Police Cars = Fuel, Helicpters = fuel, police and fire manpower = overtime, hmmmm.
        Just my2cents!

13. Tracy Kopps Harman says:

why would you even say anything like that if that was you child our family member you would want them to help

14. Tracy Kopps Harman says:

and thats what tax dollars pay for

15. Brad says:

Ok I’m glad she is ok… But to the commenter who said 15 is a tough age… WHAT?!?!. that is one of the best ages you can be. It’s about as old as you can be without having to get a job. It’s a phenomenal age. Summers are still filled with friends and fun. If you have a 15 year old and think they have a rough life… Look at the parents. If a 15 year old isn’t enjoying life.. It is 100% all mom and dad or guardians fault.

16. Kris says:

Today’s peer pressure is unlike anything past teenagers have experienced, especially with girls. This has NOTHING to do with the parents, but rather with what SOCIETY has created. Today’s kids are made fun of for not wearing the latest fashion, the right label, for weighing 110 lbs. instead of 90, or for just about anything. It’s not enough anymore to keep your child active in sports, church, recreation, etc., because there is always one idiot out there who will try to make themselves look “cool” at the expense of someone else. You just have to look at You Tube to see what’s going on.

17. Darian says:

Excuse me, “Jew Boy” that is my little cousin you are talking about. She is NOT pregnant with a biracial baby and she would never be forced to an abortion to keep our family name ‘clean’ even if she was pregnant. Who the hell are you to open your mouth and say something like that? If you are trying to start rumors and put our family name out as a bad family ; it wont work. Get the hell off of this page.

1. my2cents says:

who made coments about pregnancy?

2. Jew Boy says:

Are you sure? She disappears over night no one knows where she is or whom she is with, in my opinion that sort of behavior is not normal from a nice clean girl. Her friend was just a ruse.

1. Dill Hole says:

Really, what was all the drama about,someone said something on her facebook page? Cellphone broke? Good Grief,hope the world keeps turning

2. Tracy Kopps Harman says:

she is a very nice girl but everyone has problems.what do you mean abot her friend being a ruse.

3. Barb says:

What a beautiful young lady. Being a teenager is hard at any age. I’m so glad she is back with her family and safe. She isn’t the first and unfortunately won’t be the last to contemplate suicide. Hopefully she now realizes how much she is loved and can put this behind her. Much success to you and your future Sadie! Hang in there! You’re gonna find out that it is so worth it! God Bless!

18. Tracy Kopps Harman says:

thank you barb.sadie is a very nice young lady but has some problems but i hope she will be able to talk to us.we all are very thankful she is home and very very thankful for everyone who helped.some people dont agree about all the police help that was put out but if it was there family they would want the same.are family will pull through all of this.thanks again.

Comments are closed.