Children Find Parents Unconscious After Overdosing On Heroin
FINLEYVILLE (KDKA) — State Police and paramedics were called to a home on Lutes Road in Finleyville, Washington County, because two little boys believed that their parents were dead.
Wally Ferry, 45, and 26-year-old Kimberly Miller are the parents of two boys, ages 6 and 7.
“They need taken care of the proper way,” Rose Ferry, the boys’ grandmother, said. “They don’t need to be around parents with problems.”
When the call came in to 911 dispatch around 8:30 p.m. last Friday, on the other end of the line was the voice of a 7-year-old child stating that he found his parents in the upstairs bathroom dead.
Ferry arrived to find the house filled with emergency personnel.
Wally Ferry and Kimberly Miller were discovered lying on the floor of the bedroom and adjoining bathroom. According to police, both were unconscious. Nearby, police found a baggie containing 11 syringes.
Once revived, Miller said they had overdosed on heroin.
“I said, ‘Shame on both of you, shame on both of you,’” Rose said. “ ‘You put these children’s lives in jeopardy.’”
The 7-year-old left a note for her. “Please read. I love you grandma. I always will. Do not forget to call. Save up money so we can live with you.”
The boys are now in the custody of Children and Youth Services. Their parents remain in the Washington County Jail.
Ferry and Miller will stand trial on drug and child endangerment charges.