Frustrated Woman Grabs Louisville Slugger, Smashes Target Store Windows

MCCANDLESS (KDKA) — A frustrated woman took a baseball bat to the front windows of the Target in McCandless.

Donna Rosenberger, 39, of Cranberry, had an explanation for her actions.

“I tried returning two ice cream makers and they would not give me my money back,” she said. “So I made a scene yesterday.”

Rosenberger told KDKA’s John Shumway she went to Dick’s Sporting Goods and bought a high performance Louisville Slugger Dynasty and returned to the Target Friday morning for the attack.

While talking to KDKA’s John Shumway, Rosenberger went into a rant about politicians as she was taken for arraignment and an evaluation at the district magistrate.

She was released on her own recognizance.

Rosenberger claims that she has been beaten, terrorized and tortured over the past six to 11 years.

When she left the magistrate’s office, she was complaining about their phone books and the staff.

“What are they all doing in there? What are they getting paid for – just to staple papers together?” she told KDKA’s John Shumway.

Back at her car, she was talking about a camera shop and her bank.

“Like if I go to the bank, I’ve had this happen to me too where I tried to get money out of the bank and they say, ‘We don’t have enough money in the bank to give you your money,’” she said.

Then Rosenberger said she had business to do and drove off.

A Target spokesperson at their national headquarters told KDKA-TV Rosenberger was offered a gift card. She wanted cash and that’s what the dispute was about.

Rosenberger is facing charges of disorderly conduct and criminal mischief. She will be in court again next week.

RELATED LINKS
More Local News
More Reports By John Shumway

KDKA On Facebook
KDKA On Twitter
Follow KDKA Personalities

More from John Shumway
Comments

1. Dawn Duffy says:

She’s not TOO crazy……

2. BB says:

Released on own recognizance? A fifth-grader could tell you she’s unstable and her way of “settling” her perceived problems, which appear to be with everyone, is dangerous. But hey, let her go!

3. Linda Rees says:

I wonder do they mean Cranberry or Cranberry Township it would be a very far trip from Cranberry to McCandless

1. James says:

Who cares. That isn’t the story. Focus people focus.

4. James says:

Oh my. She needs some mental help. Stores make the return polices not the customers

1. Stephanie says:

and for all those poor people that get harassed by customers on a daily basis, the employees don’t make the policies either!

5. Thomas J Duttine says:

Don’t think all her ducks are in a row!

6. shari says:

wow PLEASE tell me this woman is not raising children the example she is setting is disturbing

7. pele says:

A little off the wall are we????? This time it was a baseball bat what would be her next choice? Let that be anyone else and we would be taken right to the County Jail, she must of had a good family attorney if you know what I mean.

1. bwark says:

nah, they let everyone go…if you haven’t killed anyone, they just give you a court date, which turns into another date and another date. Allegheny County just slaps these crazy folks on the writs and fines them, (which they never pay) and they go on and on tormenting people and doing the same things!

8. Anonymous says:

lol totally agree!

9. JB says:

So she freaked out cause she couldn’t get her money back so she went and spent $200+ on ls bat!!!?? lmao!! idiot.

1. Rob says:

no kidding, doesn’t Target carry bats that would have done the job perfectly well and add a bit of irony?

1. Wastrel says:

But if you’re not happy with the store’s policies, then you don’t buy your implements of destruction there.

10. bwark says:

OH ya..this is the way that our judicial system works in the Allegheny County courts. You can steal, or even sell dope and you get released. Even a violation of parole doesn’t mean that you will end up in jail. When this lady drives over some poor soul because she is in a psychotic episode, everyone will wonder why she wasn’t locked up somewhere….

11. Nick Manning says:

This is to funny, what a complete Pyscho. What normal person would do that, she needs to have a mental evaluation ASAP.

12. Brad says:

To pat mitlo

What? What! Let’s take a look at this for a sec. First, what bank, in cranberry, doesn’t have money to give you to make a withdrawal unless you make some outlandish request, like 1 billion dollars… Second. She tried to return 2 ice-cream makers, 2. Who buys 2 ice cream makers? With cash? More than likely, psycho pants either received them as a gift with no receipt, stole them, or bought them on a gift card, which means she returned stuff before. I’m highly, highly doubting this nutball can organize her thoughts long enough to hold onto receipts long enough to return items she paid cash for. I have returned a small kitchen appliance to target before, with receipt, and they had no problems giving me cash back. Think please pat… Think.

1. Wastrel says:

I don’t know about withdrawals, but I’ve tried to deposit money in the bank and they wouldn’t take it. They told me my account was TOO FULL. I have to sympathize with the bank here, and I sure don’t want them giving this lady any of my money!

13. Mary says:

They give your cash back if you have a receipt and you’re within the correct amount of time of their return policy. Sometimes they’ll even bend their own rules to keep a customer happy. More often than not, those who complain are those who are trying to return off season items, without receipts, or open & obviously used items. When I worked retail, it was amazing the things people would try to return. Open, poorly re-wrapped Christmas lights a few days after the holiday. We know you used them, if they didn’t work, you would have exchanged them ahead of time. We know you used that generator for the power outage and returned it when finished. It’s people like that that cause return policies to become so strict.

1. Anonymous says:

You hit the nail on the head Mary!!!! I’ve been in retail for over 20 years and you are exactly right. It’s all those dishonest people out there that try to break the rules and policies that were set up in the first place to protect and service them. AMAZING.

14. Lollys Figlo says:

I wonder if she even had a box? I wonder if they were used? She should be in the nut house.

15. A Military Veteran says:

I think a little more tolerance here. She’s got a problem, certainly. All she wanted was to be heard, so she got heard. She’ll pay for windows, and it’ll be over. She’s not dangerous, shewas calmly talking to everyone, admitted the crime, not resisting arrest.

All this talk of she’s psychotic and needs to be locked up / imprisoned, get a clue Poplawski’s trial ends today. That guy is a menace, not this lady. She didn’t hurt anyone, Poplawski is killing cops bleeding out on the ground by shooting them with an AK in the neck. She’s got misplaced agression.

16. RedOnTheGreg says:

Ooh, Lordy! She’s got the crazy eyes. Do. Not. Make. Eye. Contact.

17. life's fuinny says:

i thinmk it’s funny as hell! I wonder if the bat was a wood or aluminum ?

1. markus says:

That is an aluminum bat…

18. chevelle64 says:

i like her, is she available?

19. Yankees Fan says:

The way she swings the bat makes me wonder…….Are the Pirates looking for a power hitter?

20. johnny69 says:

I read somewhere that she has been trying to return these ice cream makers for years and they know her well.

21. lori S says:

Returning things at Target makes me want to break things too…lol Their return policy is ridiculous!!!

22. Mike says:

LOL her last name is Rosenberger.

23. MustafaJohnson says:

Get this poor soul some help Quickly!

24. cccc says:

cccc

25. dirty sanchez says:

ICE cream is good food too!!!!

26. sindilouwho says:

I live right up the street from this Target and happened to be there 10 minutes after she was hauled off. She’s a few crayons shy of a 64 pack.

27. tm may says:

And people like her are allowed to drive on the same roads as you and your family.

28. no thanks target says:

I think this lady is nuts to handle this the way she did but if any one has dealt with Target customer service (no direct offense to any employees) then they know their policies are extremely frustrating to shoppers. Target should have a warning on their doors….not customer service oriented and you will likely be dissatisfied if you need anything other than basic shopping from us.

29. Anoynomous says:

OH MY GOD. i NEED TO KNOW WHAT SHE SAID ABOUT THE CAMERA SHOP. I had the experience of waiting on this person AT A CAMERA SHOP (more than likely the one she had mentioned) and the experience was surreal, to say the least. More like, frightening. I managed to calm her down while she was there, but it was scary.

30. John B says:

When I tried to return a one week old defective VIVITAR camera Target, they blew me off and would not even replace it. When I wrote a nice letter to Target corporate, they never answered my letter. Maybe they pushed her too far?

31. toro says:

Remember a few years ago Target started to ban the Salvation Army kettles collectors at their stores? I think because of public outcry they relented. Makes you wonder about their Corporate leadership however…..going psycho baseball bat is a stupid way to respond….

Comments are closed.