Wok Catches Fire, Forces Customers Out Of Local Restaurant
CORAOPOLIS (KDKA) — Fire crews were called to a restaurant in Moon Township Monday night during the dinner rush.
A fire broke out at the Kiyoshi restaurant on University Boulevard around 6:30 p.m.
The manager says 15 to 20 of their regular customers were inside the restaurant when the fire started.
“There was a small sound of explosion in the kitchen; one of the wok’s had lit of fire,” said Justin Zamborowski, the manager of the restaurant. “We came out and the roof was ablaze. Everyone evacuated and left parking lot before first fire truck arrived.”
Employees at the restaurant used fire extinguishers to put out the initial flames before evacuating, but officials say the fire went up through a wall and through the roof.
No one was hurt or in any danger.
Officials at the restaurant are planning to reopen as soon as possible.