New Westmoreland. Co. Walmart To Open In 2012

NORTH HUNTINGDON (KDKA) – A new multi-million dollar Walmart in Westmoreland County will not open until next year.

The $6 million, 150,000 square foot store in North Huntingdon was supposed to open in October.

However, Walmart officials said construction will not be completed until late December.

They expect the store to open early in 2012.

RELATED LINKS

More Local News
More Westmoreland County News
Walmart

KDKA On Facebook
KDKA On Twitter
Follow KDKA Personalities

Comments

1. The Truth says:

Please do not trash this one and make it a rehash of the most infamous Wal*Mart store in the entire company. We all know which one I’m referring to.

2. KKnox says:

I wish the Samn thing would open at all !! Didn’t want it out here anyway, BUT Wal – Fart buys their way into every community.

3. JustSaying says:

Cool, another outlet for inferior Chinese goods! Actually, it’s not totally the Chinese that are at fault. WalMart sets a price point for goods they sell. The company providing the goods to WalMart has to keep their costs down to maintain their profit margin. To keep costs under control, most look overseas for cheap labor and material costs. So, it all begins and ends in Bentonville Arkansas. I just thought you’d like to know who to thank for that shirt that falls apart after two washings.

4. The Truth says:

Eh, I’m over the whole “Wal*Mart is evil” and “Sells cheap non-American made goods” lines. Some of it may be true, but iif there are good deals, you’re going there. You know that and I know that. In this economy we can’t be choosey.

I’m focusing on the fact that the most infamous Wal*Mart in the company is right up the road from where this one will be.

1. JustSaying says:

MAY be true?? You REALLY need to wake up! Sure, I shop at WalMart just like everyone else, when I have to, but I don’t have my head buried in the sand my complacent friend! Support the small local retailers whenever you get a chance. They’re your friends and neighbors, not WalMart!

5. The Truth says:

If they’re your friends, you shouldn’t be shopping at Wal*Mart at all. You’re betraying them. Some friend you are. My friends and neighbors realize that these days you have to shop at discounters in order to survive. Your head isn’t buried in the sand, just the money hoard you must have in the bank.

Care to share? Your socialist president is pushing us towards that, why not write me a check now and help him fulfill his dreams?

Comments are closed.