Report: Crosby Resumes On-Ice Workouts

By: Mike Vukovcan

PITTSBURGH (KDKA)- Penguins captain Sidney Crosby has taken a big step in his continuing recovery from a concussion.

Pittsburgh Tribune Review Pens beat writer Rob Rossi is reporting that Crosby has resumed on-ice workouts
near his home in Halifax, Nova Scotia

The last time Crosby was on the ice was early in the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs before he developed headaches.

Rossi reports that Crosby’s camp is saying those headaches were the result of a sinus infection and not a recurrence of concussion symptoms.

Crosby has yet to receive medical clearance for physical contact.

It’s obviously too early to speculate whether Crosby will be ready for Pens training camp in September.

Comments

1. Christine says:

I am so elated with the possibility of Crosby playing on the ice once again. Hockey has missed him, and I think the fans have as well. It’s just not the same without him on the ice.

1. Ryan S. says:

I am assuming you mean locally. Despite what you and other Penguin fans think, Crosby is no where near as well received around the country as he is here in Pittsburgh.

1. Christine says:

@ Ryan S – I beg to differ with your opinion. Crosby is considered the king of hockey in Canada. He is revered. Additionally, he is HUGE seller for other venues when the Pens play away.

2. K. Isaac says:

QUIT BEING SUCH A DOWNER RYAN. YOU ALWAYS HAVE DEROGATORY COMMENTS ABOUT ARTICLES POSTED HERE. LIGHTEN UP, GET POSITIVE, YOU’LL LIVE LONGER! (AND IF PEOPLE AREN’T IN SYD’S CAMP, THE GREEN-EYED MONSTER MIGHT JUST BE REARING ITS UGLY HEAD.)

2. Greg says:

Ryan you’re a complete idiot. 1st he won Canada a championship in the Olympics so he’s a National Hero and 2nd of course he’s more popular in Pittsburgh this is where he plays. If you have no “intellegent” insight you shuold just keep it to yourself. It’s better to look stupid than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

2. Greg says:

yeah I know spelling errors ran spell check, but it missed a few

Ryan you’re a complete idiot. 1st he won Canada a championship in the Olympics so he’s a National Hero and 2nd of course he’s more popular in Pittsburgh this is where he plays. If you have no “intelligent” insight you should just keep it to yourself. It’s better to look stupid than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

1. Ryan S. says:

Hey Slappy, I am obviuosly referring to the U.S. when I mention country, nice try though! You completely missed my point, of course he’s popular in Pittsburgh, but I guarantee that you will hear more boos for him than cheers in any other arena in the U.S. besides here in Pittsburgh, but you being a homey, will never recognize that, idiot!

Comments are closed.