2-Year-Old Found Living In Filthy Conditions

By: David Highfield

AMBRIDGE (KDKA) – A local mother disputes some of the charges she’s facing after her 2-year-old daughter was taken away.

According to Ambridge Police, 22-year-old Holly Williams is charged with endangering the welfare of a child after officers found her daughter in filthy conditions.

The girl’s playpen was broken, had bugs crawling in it and also had trash inside, according to police.

Police said the girl had a soaked diaper and bad case of diaper rash. They also say there were soiled diapers, moldy diapers and cat hair all over the apartment.

In addition, Williams is facing charges for a small amount of marijuana allegedly found in the home.

The girl was taken away and given to Beaver County Child and Youth Services.

“It was unclean in there. I’m not [going to] lie to you,” Williams said to KDKA’s David Highfield. “How bad it was, I didn’t realize.”

She blames much of the mess on a man who was living with her in Ambridge. She also blames him for the small amount of marijuana police said they found.

Williams: I also dispute the bug bites and diaper rash that they have stated.

Highfield: She did not have a rash?

Williams: She did not have a rash.

Williams wants a chance to do better: “Not having her with me. It kills me. I know what I did was wrong, but she’s everything to me.”

RELATED LINKS

More Local News
More Beaver County News
More Reports From David Highfield

KDKA On Facebook
KDKA On Twitter
Follow KDKA Personalities

More from David Highfield
Comments

1. aisahah says:

Dear, Mr David Highfield you have made a small error in you story. in the 8th paragraph first sentence is it there or here.

2. rockatophat says:

the only reason she wants her child back is so that she can continue to receive welfare, I can’t believe she is blaming that filth on someone else, like she couldn’t have cleaned the mess up herself

3. Jess Axen says:

Do they have CYS in Somolia? They live in shacks made out of mud and sticks

1. Lizzbet Townshend says:

That’s a stupid rationale. Just because some people have appalling living conditions doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try to provide better conditions here whenever possible. Most of those mid and stick shacks are cleaner than the squalor this child was living in.

4. MH says:

She could have kept that place clean. That home is downright NASTY!
    What kind of person puts a baby in a filthy playpen with garbage? That playpen is not suitable for any living being. Farm animals live in a cleaner environment. There is absolutely no excuse for the condition of that home. She is just LAZY!!!!! In addition, she is lying about the baby not having a rash. Does she seriously think any one believes her lies?

5. Dominique says:

No child or animal deserves to live in that condition! I hope she does not get her child back!!!!!!!! I don’t believe that she loves her child because if she did than her child would of never been in those unsanitary conditions with a horrible diaper rash!

6. George C. says:

White trash in the first degree. They should put her in a wet diaper and live in that playpen for a week. Oh, no, they can’t do that because she couldn’t get to her weed that isn’t hers. This is just another example of drug testing people on welfare and if they test positive they no longer get a check, what a joke.

1. Anonymous says:

AMEN!! Why is that people who actually work have to take drug tests, but we just give free money to any low-life??!!!

7. jack says:

Human beings grow immunities to the infections around them, especially children. that kid will probably live 10x longer than us in the future. ignorance is bliss.

1. Anonymous says:

You are a complete idiot.

8. jack says:

Oh and George C, this is america. You seem to be a socialist. Get out of this country please.

9. jack says:

hey let me list more fun facts!

Cannabis has been proven to inhibit cancer.
    Tylenol never cures the symptom, it simply ‘Treats’ it watch these brands as they are leading you to needing other types of medication for the side effects.
    Richard Nixon while president was informed of cannabis inhibiting cancer yet legalizing the substance would make thousands of job losses. For med companies and cops, whose still the crook? ;D
    I’m not going to even mention about the CIA Involvement with Rick Ross ….
    not only that Cannabis has been proven to suppress the inflammatory system, which the case for 90% of deaths related to influenza, chemotherapy, etc is because the inflammatory system is over-reacting causing organ failure provided death shortly after.

So it appears if you as well to be considered trash. what if she had cancer? you tool-brain educate yourself.

The mess though she could’ve cleaned that up

1. GET ALIFE says:

SHUT UP DRUGGY

2. Ryan says:

She doesn’t have cancer, she has stupidity.

10. know the facts says:

As a mother, I can say that keeping up with housecleaning is not always easy. Your going to find food and wrappers on the floor at some point. Yes, she should have it much better then that. As for the playpen. my 2 year old daughter left that months ago. No excuse for leaving her in there.
    As for marijuana. I have seen first hand with over 200 patients benefit from it’s usage. Both here and in Canada. Marijuana is not a drug, although people would make you think that. It is actually an herb. Oxycontin is worse then marijuana. If the child grabbed a bunch of those they would be dead. NO ONE has ever died from marijuana use alone. It can not kill you.

1. know the facts says:

oh, and let me add, I do not use marijuana at this time. If I ever need it , I will. I view it as any other treatment. Use when really needed.

2. Anonymous says:

You really know for a fact that there have been no deaths from marijuana? Wow thats amazing. Funny thing is I work in EMS and I know that there have been. So with that being said maybe it is you that should know the facts.

3. Anonymous says:

You’re a mother??……Scary & Sad!!! I can only image how your child is raised. I bet you don’t have a job, and get a check from the government.

4. Anonymous says:

I bet you’re a horrible mother!!! You sound just a white trash as the woman the story is about!

5. WENDY says:

YOU ARE A MOTHER??? A MOTHER OF WHAT? SHE HAD PLENTY OF TIME TO DO HOUSEWORK, SHE MORE THAN LIKELY DOES NOT WORK AND LIVES ON WELFARE. ii AGREE DRUG TEST THE WELFARE RECIPIENTS, TEST POSITIVE, NO CHECK FOR YOU. SHE DIDN’T KNOW HOW BAD IT WAS AND SHE CARED ABOUT HER CHILD. GIVE ME A BREAK! HOW CAN ANYONE LET THEIR CHILD OR THEMSELVES LIVE IN SUCH TRASH.

6. Steven NYC says:

Are you out of your mind? There was NEVER garbage on the floor at my house because my mom threw it in the trash can where i belonged and she taught us kids to do the same. We never found any of your mysterious “food and wrappers” on our floor, dirtbag! Housecleaning isn’t “hard” as in difficult to have a clean house – you just have to make the effort and DO IT. Especially with a baby around. You sound like some lazy hippie that reeks of pot making excuses for your filthiness. What a loser.

11. Jonas says:

This is why some people should not produce – this is the sick outcome! There is no reason why that child should live in squawler conditions. It is a mother’s first instinct to protect her child at all cost, and this mother let her child down. This is disgraceful! I would take the child off of her, never to return. Pathetic!

12. Jonas says:

Meant to write ‘reproduce’ not produce.

13. LMM says:

They disguised her voice and didn’t show her face but yet we know her name. That confuses the heck out of me. Regardless, I hope that she loses her children to CYS because she doesn’t deserve to keep them…not in those deplorable conditions.

14. Jeeperz says:

Like the old saying goes…”Just because you can…doesnt mean you should….”

15. petamember says:

I want to know if they took the animals away as well? They also deserve better living conditions

Comments are closed.