Memorial Held For Wilkinsburg Baby

WILKINSBURG (KDKA) — Members of a community gathered to remember a baby who died after being found unresponsive at a daycare center in Wilkinsburg.

The parents of 10-month-old Desmire Williams are waiting for answers from Allegheny County Police as to why their son was found unresponsive at a home daycare on Singer Place.

Family members gathered Thursday night to help Desiree Pinkston and Derelle Williams start the painful process of healing.

“Man, they killed my baby,” Pinkston said. “I don’t know what they did, but they killed him. They neglected him.”

Prayers, words of comfort and hugs abounded at the memorial in front of the daycare.

“I didn’t think it was going to be this bad for me when I came back here, but really is,” Pinkston said. “It hurts so bad.”

Police say daycare owner Melody Lang told them the boy was found not breathing after being put down for a nap.

However, the family says doctors at Children’s Hospital told them the boy had been dead up to six hours.

“Why didn’t you call 911 and then try to do CPR?,” Paulette Fultz, a family member, said. “But she did nothing.”

“I want to see her arrested,” Williams said. “She should be in jail where every other killer is.”

So far, no charges have been filed against the daycare owner. Allegheny County Police are still waiting for the toxicology report, but the initial autopsy revealed no internal or external trauma.

Meanwhile, funeral services for the baby will be held next Tuesday at the House of Law Funeral Home on Frankstown Road.

RELATED STORIES
Mother Of Baby Found Unresponsive At Daycare Has Questions
Infant Dies At Wilkinsburg Daycare Center

Comments

1. Anonymous says:

melody and shayla needs to be behind bars..there is no way these people can provide care for these children they both are cocaine/crack users as well as alcoholics.they also have a club/bar inside the so called daycare sale liquor food and who knows what else..its just sad how melody is covering up this babys death because both of them was more than likley high off drugs its just a shame people are not speaking out and telling what goes on in this so called daycare/club.. if a person drinks and do drugs for days non stop how can they provide quility care for children..these people should not be givin the opportunity to do this to another child or family..someone please tell me why melody and shayla is not behind bars…how many more lies does she need to tell? there are to many discrepancies in her story it just dont make sense..LOCK THESE ANIMALS UP!!!!!

2. Thomas J Duttine says:

If this was a club/bar/daycare…..Why would you leave your child there?? If I was going to entrust someone with my 10 month old child I would surely know what kind of person she was! It’s the parents JOB to protect their child.

1. Anonymous says:

i feel the same way. I am very active in my daughters school life, and she is only 3. If i ever felt something was not to my satisfaction i have ALWAYS spoke up. This is a very sad story, but as a parent you should be more cautious of the people you trust your child with!

3. Laquisha says:

Who takes they baby to a bar and is outraged when they baby gets dead? Come on momma!!!!! dis is on YOU why you ain’t haven the baby stay in yo house?

1. Anonymous says:

She dropped her baby off on Ross Street where there is a daycare and not on Singer place. So Quisha boo know your facts and go back to English. Thanks and have a good day

4. LALA says:

This is non sense nothing has been done to anyone in this case. There is a innocent 10 month old baby that lost his life and no one has an answer or a story that makes sense. Two parents have lost their son and I couldnt even imagine that feeling that or wouldnt know what to do in this situation. The mother said she dropped her baby off at a daycare on Ross Street and not at Siinger Place where it is a known bar or club. The daycare should be shut down and the workers should be in jail while the investigation is going on. Who really would hand someone their baby dead and try to act like nothing is wrong; she needs to be in a mental instituition with the rest of the insane people. I am keeping the family of this poor baby in my prayers and no that justice will be eventually served.

5. THE TRUTH says:

This place on Singer is a bar and I have been there twice and never knew it was a daycare if so where was it at. There is booths in the diningroom a strobe lights a dj booth and a bar. I know that Melody and Shayla both are cokeheads , alcoholics and party everyday of the week and its a known fact. How do you run a daycare and a club that doesnt close until the morning. This incident could have probably been prevented in the first place. What if the baby got a hold of something and that may be the reason he never woke up. What if it was sids and they were sleep from partying and never checked on the baby until hours later. There are so many unanswered questions and inconsistent stories with these supposed childcare owners. If I was the parent of this baby and she handed me my baby dead she would have been feeling the same pain I couldnt even imagine feeling at that moment. This is one lesson learned you dont mix business and pleasure and what is done in the dark eventually comes to light. I am praying for everyone even Melody and Shayla they both have children also. This is a sad sad situation.

6. Anonymous says:

Desiree Pinkston DUI 4/19/2011

7. Anonymous says:

JUST BECAUSE YOU TRUST SOMEONE WITH YOUR CHILDREN DOES NOT GIVE THEM THE RIGHT TO NEGLECT A CHILD..AND FROM WHAT I HEAR THIS IS A CASE OF SERIOUS NEGLECT..IF THE HOSPITAL IS SAYING A CHILD WAS DEAD UP TO SIX HOURS WHAT WAS THESE PROVIDERS DOING ALL THAT TIME NOT TO SEE SOMETHING WAS WRONG WITH THIS CHILD?? THIS IS AN OUTRAGE AND SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE…I HAVE HEARD AT LEAST THREE DIFFERENT STORIES THAT CAME FROM MELODY LANG WHAT IS THAT ABOUT? IT SOUNDS TO ME SHE KNEW THIS BABY WAS DEAD AND HANDED THIS CHILD’S MOTHER A BABY THAT WAS DEAD! IT’S AN OUTRAGE TO HEAR PEOPLE BLAMING A MOTHER FOR TRUSTING SOMEONE…

8. Anonymous says:

MANUF/DEL/POSS/W INT MANUF OR DEL
    MANUF/DEL/POSS/W INT MANUF OR DEL
    MANUF/DEL/POSS/W INT MANUF OR DEL
    INT POSS CONTR SUBST BY PER NOT REG
    INT POSS CONTR SUBST BY PER NOT REG
    INT POSS CONTR SUBST BY PER NOT REG

seems the parents have a long list of being charged with drug, so who really gave the child drugs, the parents, they probly have them laying all over the house.

daycare centers are checked out from the state, they get visits to them from state workers and if there was a dj booth in the dinning room and a bar set up they would be shut down so fast.

think why they are not charging the day care center and waiting for toxicology reports is because the parents have a whole list of drug charges, dui’s against them.

look at them when they are talking and they both look like they are high on crack or some other drug

1. Anonymous says:

There was and I would post proof if needed this must be an scared employee or Melody. Your going down!!!!!!

10. Anonymous says:

I think it had to be the drugs to make this woman think this girl wouldn’t know her baby was dead…this woman is nuts as much as a lier…

11. Anonymous says:

It’s funny how all of a sudden melody is smart…but act like she was dumb enough not to know the difference between a dead baby or an alive baby..HEY MELODY everyone knows the state comes to the daycare to check it but…check this out YOU KNOW WHEN THEIR COMING…and by the way if you know you did nothing wrong why are you on the defence??? Trying to put these parents out there..this child died in your care not theirs..

12. Anonymous says:

Who ever is leaving these comments of criminal records of the parents “Melody” need to stop! If the baby got a hold of some crack from their home, he would’ve been died when yall got him, not alive? From her story, if a bottle was giving to him at 4, he’s 10 months so he would’ve grab the bottle which means he would’ve been alive, n a hour time that babies body wouldn’t of been cold, especially n this kind of heat, no matter how good a a c is, the room temperature would be cool not cold. Melody & Shayla knew her baby was dead for hours, that’s why they made the phone call and asked the child sibling if the baby was a heavy sleeper, so they can play it off and act like they just thought he was a “deep sleeper” they are on coke/crack and drink heavily. They are not in any postion to care for children partying 7 days a week? Melody and Shayla needs a lie detector test done and a drug test. I know some things happen in a daycare but when you sit with a dead baby in your care or a unresponsive baby and didn’t call 911, your covering something up! And JUSTICE NEEDS TO BE SERVED. My condolences are sent out to the family of Dasmere

1. Anonymous says:

I agree with you to the fullest extent and they are sick for leaving that baby dead and trying to give that girl her baby like nothing was wrong. She will be shut down and get what is deserved to her. They neglected that baby and it may not have been there fault but they lied so much and handled the situation all wrong. I am not saying they killed the baby but they are blame and probably could have prevented this whole situation. God got this and will handle them. I dont care what the parents did or do that baby was in your care and was dead in your bar/daycare for 6 hours. They were probably taking the club scene down while the baby was dead trying to get all there stories right. In all reality she was wrong and she knows it.

13. Anonymous says:

That is no one but Melody or one of her friends or family putting this stuff on the internet. Thesr parents lost their baby boy in your hands on your watch and you can even empathize. You will get what is deserved to you. As a matter of fact no one will ever bring their children to your care thus far unless they are snorting coke with Melody and is offered free drinks at her bar. That was real childish and heartless to put the parents out there like that and this can be false also. Why did you bring her baby to her dead and try to act as if it was ok. If Melody would have handled the situation different then she may not look so GUILTY!!! Lets see her and her girlfriends records. How about we give them drug tests and the whole nine. People are sick and this whole situation proves it. She is lucky she is still breathing all about my baby she would be done.

14. Anonymous says:

I agree, she is not showing any sympathy in this situation, she is on a defence! She should be offering to help pay for funeral expenses, ect she runs a daycare, club/bar selling alcohol n food, I’m pretty sure they can afford it. This baby lost his life, I am so saddened by this in would like to see them paying for what they did, I don’t know what it is, but they did something! People need to start pitting and protesting outside of her house for justice to be served. If this were their kids how would they feel, if a daycare handed them their dead baby? And didn’t call for help. There covering something up????

15. Anonymous says:

I heard that she didnt drop her baby off on Singer Place she dropped the baby off at a daycare at Ross Street which is owned by the same people. The person putting the parents out there needs to stop. There baby died on someones watch not theirs.

16. Anonymous says:

I can honestly confirm that this was a club. I have no clue where the daycare was I was there with a friend of mine on July 8th and the party was going on all night. I really thought is was a nightclub. There was a DJ, strobe lights, booths and security at the door checking ids. I dont know what happened that day but I do feel for the baby and his family so sad.

1. Thomas J Duttine says:

Is it legal?? If not….HEY MAYOR SKIPPY!

17. Hit Boy says:

Why is everybody ANONYMOUS???? Is you all ashamed or just scared??

18. Anonymous says:

Hey hit boy maybe these people are scared she just might kill them to…lmao..

19. Anonymous says:

Funny how cys nor anyone else shut the daycare center down. They are waiting for reports from the corner. Why didn’t the hospital or anyone in official capacity say that they baby was dead for 6 hours. Your all going on the words of the parents. When a child a few months ago died in the care of daycare, they shut the center down that day and pressed charges against them.

WHY THEY DIDN’T IN THIS CASE IS BECAUSE THE PARENTS BOTH HAVE A LONG POLICE RECORD OF BEING BUSTED FOR DRUGS AND DUI’S.

The police did a search of this property and they did not say that there was a bar, nightclub in this place. If there was it would be all over the news. Think the parents are at fault for this child dying in the hand of the daycare center. That is why they didn’t charge the daycare center owner or workers.

20. Anonymous says:

The person who left the last comment sounds like a complete fool.what does the parents records half to do with a child dying in the hands of a daycare center? These people are obviously negligent in this case the owner or workers failed to call 911.it is quite obvious this child was dead for a while even if it wasn’t 6 hrs.it was long enough for this child to be cold n lifeless..and ms. Lang has told various stories already..even tho the first one she told didn’t make any sense at all but to go further to just start lying on t.v. just put the icing on the cake for me. It showed she was covering up something and whom ever don’t see this I hope god blessed you with a little wisdom and companion..I don’t care how you look at this situation even if she’s not a drunken coke head she still neglected this child witch caused harm resulting in death.it sounds to me to be permeated she had enough time to do the right thing..god bless you!

21. Anonymous says:

this is a shame, what do the parents police records have to do with anything the child DID NOT DIE IN THEIR CARE the baby DIED IN MELODY LANG AND SHAYLA TROY’S CARE! anybody who comes across this story would feel sorrow for these parents. the daycare is not close as of now… but it will be, being that the autopy showed no trama they need to go deeper with the toxicolgy reports in that may take weeks but justice will be serve so they need to enjoy this freedom now and get their last snorks in from the coke and say goodbye

22. Anonymous says:

Melody is to smart to be acting so dumb? why would she get on the news lying lke that, she already told one story and did a interview and told a different story??? i just might be convince ” she gets high” she checked to see if the baby lips were blue? well she knew something was wrong then? what did she do next say oh well im going back to sleep? the whole thing is a lie, if she thought anything was wrong with the baby, why wouldnt you call 911, why, why why would you fail to provide care for a baby who needs emergency assistance. then she changed a baby that was not moving are breathing? she doesnt need to care for children if she cant tell the diffrence between a baby thats sleep and a baby that is dead, she knew the baby was deceased. their MONSTERS

23. Anonymous says:

This is so sad the melody and the rest of her coke head friends are posting comments what if it was one of your children?with the few details that has came out so far with her lies you would feel the same!

24. Anonymous says:

The parents are the monsters and quit blaming others cause your drug addicts.

25. Anonymous says:

I dont c

26. Anonymous says:

How would you feel if this was your baby that passed away. You are`so heartless to try to put those ppl on here like that when they just lost their baby boy. All they want is answers to what happened to their baby and cant even get that. Melody lied from the START and she needs to get her story straight and at least tell the truth. That baby and his parents deserve justice. I dont care what you do in your spare time but if it starts to interfere with your business then its a problem and she needed to figure out what was more important to her and we see if was partying. She will get what she deserves for neglecting that baby and all the things she could have done differently that day.
    This is sad and all parties involved get my prayer MELODY and all…….

27. Anonymous says:

I heard they moved out of town if that is not suspicious I dont know what is?????? This is crazy I would lose my everlasting mind as we all know Melody has!!!

28. Anonymous says:

How are the parents monsters? Why are the parents wrong for wanting answers about their baby’s death when all Melody’s stories does not make any sence. I can’t believe what I’m reading just like I couldn’t believe she went to the door with a lifeless baby…Smfh prayers goes out to everyone n yea this got to be one of them or another coke head…mybe she needs to be in a mental institution and rehab instead of jail cuz the girl needs help

29. Anonymous says:

I work in a daycare and I know that if an infant is sleeping for more than 15 minutes and didn’t move once, then maybe I should check on them to make sure they are ok. I also watch all the kids that are sleeping. I look at them constantly to see if they are moving, mainly to see their stomach moving. This should have never happened if the people that were watching the kids, were actually trained to take care of children properly. That baby, or any child for that matter, should not be left alone for even a second. I moved here a few years ago, and since I’ve lived here, I’ve heard horrible stories of daycare’s. I take my child with me to work because I don’t trust anyone around here with my child. This is the reason why I work in a daycare, so children will be taken care of properly.

30. Anonymous says:

I just don’t understand how any one in a sane mind could say this the parents fault I would half to agree they must be cocaine addicts also.what did the parents do wrong other than trusting an crazy monster? Is it their fault because Ms.Lang failed to care for their child properly? Is it their fault because she didn’t call 911? Is it their fault because she clearly neglected this child? Is it their fault this woman chose to blow her brain cells out with cocaine? And the parents damn sure didn’t make her tell at least 3 different stories..ALL OF YOU ARE MONSTERS..

1. Anonymous says:

How do we know that the baby didn’t pick pills, coke, crack, crank up off the parents floor before being dropped off at daycare? When the daycare called the mother in the morning about the baby, she told the daycare that she would be right there and took her 5-6 hours to get there and didn’t want the daycare to take the baby to the dr’s nor did she want them to call 911. The daycare kept on calling the parents and they didn’t pick up the phone nor called back when the day care asked the mother too. WHAT WAS MORE IMPORTANT, GETTING TO YOUR BABY TO FIND OUT WHAT IS GOING ON OR THE MOM BEING TO BUSY OUT ON THE STREET LOOKING TO HOOK UP MORE DRUGS. THE PARENTS COULD OF HAD SOMEONE GO AND CHECK ON THE BABY BUT THE DIDN’T DO THAT. If that was my child and the daycare center called me about my child I would of been there asap, not showing up 5-6 hours later and I would of had the daycare center call 911 and not tell them to wait till she got there

31. Anonymous says:

Wow, This is sad and unreal.

32. Anonymous says:

When the police get their investigation done then everyone will know what the baby died from. Heard that the daycare place called the parents and wanted to call an ambulance but the mother said don’t and she would be there right away. Took her 4 hours to get to the daycare center to check on her kid. She might of been out doing drugs at the time and didn’t want her baby to interfere with her life of drugs

1. Anonymous says:

All of the people involved are useless; the parents and the daycare workers. They breed and raise drunks, mass murderes, drug users, drug dealers, illiterates, foul mouthed, slang talking, “school is for fools” minded, destructive and useless humans. I am a proud real African-American, who remembers the importance, dignity and grace that real true and strong survivors of slavery can flourish and thrive. Pity on the others and their horrible culture.

33. Anonymous says:

You sound racists….against what you are, it doesn’t matter what color you are its how we as people choose to live or how we choose to raise our children that can put a title on you, not color

34. nicole & vince says:

were sorry for your lost.

35. Anonymous says:

Still no charges against the daycare or people that ran it. Wonder when the parents will actually be charged.

36. Anonymous says:

Maybe that’s because the system is so backwards…but god will take care of this matter all parties involved.

Comments are closed.