The Dark Knight Arrives In Pittsburgh

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — It’s been the talk of the town for months, and now, Batman has finally arrived in Pittsburgh.

There’s no clearer sign of the Dark Knight’s arrival than the Bat Signal, which shined brightly on the side of Fifth Avenue Place downtown overnight. According to our news partners at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, two local companies, the Idea Foundry and Lightwave International, teamed with Highmark to create the signal.

So far, there is no word on how long it will stay.

“The Dark Knight Rises” kicks off production in the area on Friday.

The star of the film, Christian Bale, along with director Christopher Nolan and two of the film’s producers appeared at a press conference today.

Gov. Tom Corbett, Allegheny County Executive Dan Onorato, Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl and Pittsburgh Film Office Director Dawn Keezer welcomed them to Pittsburgh.

At the press conference, road and building closures were discussed along with some other information related to filming in the area. However, the film plot and other particulars remain top secret and were not brought up during the event.

Stay with KDKA for much more on this developing story.

RELATED STORIES
Pittsburgh Film Office
Pittsburgh Film Office: Traffic Advisories
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: “Pittsburgh turns on welcome light for ‘The Dark Knight Rises'”
More on the Filming of “The Dark Knight Rises”

Comments

1. MeanSiskel says:

Glad to see such a cool movie will be filmed around town.

I hope the movie is good when it finally does come to theaters.

2. Frank says:

> It’s been the talk of the town for months

No, it’s been the talk of the media….

3. The Truth says:

Hey Frank,

Get off the net, out of the basement, and try and meet some friends around town that you don’t have to pay $2.95 a minute to talk to. It IS the talk of the town as well.

1. Frank who? says:

I agree! What’s with the bug up your ass Frank?

2. Frank says:

I have a life. I don’t live and breathe wondering the wherabouts of the making of a movie. I’ll take your word on the cost of per minute phone calls. You seem to be up on that.

1. Frank the pooper says:

Frank is my neighbor and I think he just pooped in my pool… Jerk, nobody around here likes you!! I am going to sick Christian (dreamboat) Bale on your ass pal. He is a known “poop tracker”…You’re done..

3. Frank says:

You see “the truth”, the truth is that I don’t hear people talk about it at work, at restaraunts, at bars, at sporting events, etc. But I do see the media report about it daily. Yes it’s good for the city in economic terms but I don’t see people talking about it. Perhaps your circle of ‘friends’ is differnent. But to go on a tirade trying to paint a picture of someone you know absolutely nothing about says a lot more about your social skills than mine.

1. B says:

Why so angry Frank?

2. The Truth says:

The Truth is that the media’s reported on it…oh…two times in the past week? Not like everytime Big Ben goes to the bathro…err…bad example. Everytime Big Ben gets into his car. That’s better.

Now that’s The Truth about the Pittsburgh media.

People ARE talking about it and to be “Frank,” I’m pretty sure my circle of friends is fairly “differnent” from yours. They know what’s going on.

Not going on a tirade at all, just being honest about the local media.

Missed out on your chance to play “Thug #3?”

3. cbale says:

WELL GOOD FOR YOU!!!!

4. B says:

HaHa that’s what I was thinking!!

4. dead villain says:

why so serious?

5. Wel Hung says:

No hot chicks in this movie??

6. Anonymous says:

Is Corbett playing the villian?

7. Frank says:

Christian Bale just cut me off on I-79 and when I tried to yell at him he shot me with a bat shaped thing from his belt. I completely regret saying anything to you incredibly knowledgable people who surf great sites like cbspgh.com.

Comments are closed.