Chef Fuller’s Recipe: Grilled Hanger Steaks & Sides
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Just because summer is coming to a close, doesn’t mean you have to pack up the grill! Chef Bill Fuller from the Big Burrito Group has just the recipe to keep you feeling warm even as the temperatures start to drop!
Chef Fuller shared these great recipes for grilled Hanger steak with a warn green bean salad and fresh creamed corn!
Grilled Hanger Steak, Fresh Creamed Corn, Warm Green Bean Salad with Pancetta Vinaigrette
4 ea. Hanger steaks, about 8 oz. each
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
2 # Assorted pole beans (green, wax, etc.) sliced thinly on a bias
½ # Arugula
Pancetta Vinaigrette (recipe below)
Fresh Creamed Corn (recipe below)
1. Make Pancetta Vinaigrette. Hold warm. Reserve extra rendered pancetta
2. Make Fresh Creamed Corn. Hold warm and covered.
3. Preheat grill.
4. Blot steaks dry. Lightly rub with olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Grill to a nice medium rare.
5. Allow steaks to rest for 10 minutes.
6. Place beans in bowl. Drizzle with warm Pancetta Vinaigrette. Toss in arugula. Adjust salt and pepper.
7. Check creamed corn for seasoning and consistency. Adjust the latter with a little water if necessary.
8. Slice steak. Place a pool of creamed corn in the center of the plate. Fan steak over corn. Drape warm bean salad over the top.
¼ C. Rice vinegar
¼ C. Red wine vinegar
¼ C. Balsamic vinegar
½ C. Diced, rendered pancetta
1 ea. Shallots minced
2 Tbs. Picked fresh thyme
Zest and juice of 2 lemons
1 Tbs. Sugar
½ C. Rendered pancetta fat, warm
½ C. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1) Combine all ingredients in blender, except for pancetta fat and olive oil.
2) Start blender and slowly drizzle in oil and fat to emulsify. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Fresh Creamed Corn
6 ea. Ears corn
1 tbs. Chopped fresh thyme
salt and pepper
up to a ½ C. water
3 Tbs. Whole butter
1. Cut corn off cobs with a knife. After cutting off corn, scrape cobs with the edge of the knife
2. Place all corn and liquid into a skillet. Add thyme. Bring to a simmer.
3. Season well with salt and pepper. Adjust consistency with water if necessary.