Mad For Missoni: Unprecedented Frenzy At Target

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Target shoppers devoured a line of clothes unveiled for Target this week by high-end Italian designer Missoni.

Within hours of the debut, some store shelves were empty. Target’s website actually crashed. Now, people are scrambling to find anything left.

Howard Riley, store manager at the Target in North Fayette, says they will get a few more items, but they will not be restocked to the level they were on Tuesday.

He says some items are being returned and that people should come back to check stores for those. He says visiting early in the day is best.

Riley also suggests checking out the store’s website. However, many items listed there are sold out.

KDKA-TV called area Target stores to find very little left.

The store in Ohio Township has only some children’s rain boots by Missoni. The store in Monroeville has some infant clothes. The Butler Target has one or two articles of women’s clothes, some kids’ clothes and some Missoni housewares items. The Target in Morgantown has some girls’ and infants’ clothes. The store in West Mifflin has some kids’ shoes and office supplies.

People are selling Missoni for Target items online. eBay has many choices, some with inflated prices. Sellers were asking $60 and $70 for a blouse that is still being sold on Target’s website for only $40.

The Italian designer’s regular line of clothes can sell for thousands of dollars for each item.

More from David Highfield

1. Mike says:

Cheaply made clothes made from sweat-shops that cost about 10cents to make but you have to pay 30-1000 dollars for it. Just go to Salvation Army or Goodwill stores, they have the same stuff for a buck.

2. fashion sucks says:

1. marilea says:

It sure is an ugly shirt. I bet the other stuff is just as ugly.

3. Judy says:

Pathetic that people would buy based on designer name and not quality. I don’t care if you’re Calvin Klein himself, buying simply because everyone else does is stupidity. A prime example is a Coach purse. There is no difference between that purse and a regular one you’d find elsewhere, but because it says “Coach” everyone wants it so that they can say, ‘hey, look at me – I have class – I have a Coach.’ In reality they look like every other person out there trying to be something they are not.

4. ewwww says:

I buy for practicality, fit, comfort and a way to save money. 99.9% of designer anything is yuck

5. Thrifty shopper says:

What thrift stores are you shopping at Mike? The Salvation Army I was at last week was charging crazy amounts for stuff. $25 for a pair of well used cowboy boots. $80 for a pair of Minnetonka moccasins, $8-10 for used mall brand jeans. I can buy new stuff on clearance for those prices. I know it is supposed to be for a good cause, but I think many thrift stores are getting greedy.

6. Ike says:

Our Salvation army doesn’t charge that.

Comments are closed.