Market District Recipe: Concord Grape Soda
Have you ever wanted to make soda in your own home? Here’s a great recipe to try from the Giant Eagle Market District!
Concord Grape Puree
Makes aprox 16 fluid oz
1 quart Concord Grapes
¼ cup Granulated Sugar
1. Remove grapes from the stem and squeeze to separate skin from seeded center.
2. In a stainless pot over low heat add grape centers and sugar.
3. Gently simmer for 5-8 minutes or until seed are released from the centers.
4. Strain this liquid to remove seeds using a spoon to push all liquid through.
5. Place the grape mixture back into pot and then add skins.
6. Simmer for additional 5-8 minutes.
7. Remove from heat and blend until smooth in a blender or food processor.
8. Strain again to remove any skin pieces remaining.
Concord Grape Soda
4 oz Concord Grape Puree
24 oz Water(cold)
1. Follow directions for the “iSi Twist and Sparkle” carbonation kit.
*If you do not have a carbonation kit you may substitute seltzer water and stir in the Concord grape puree.