Heinz Red Zone: Grilled Pork Kabobs
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Fire up the grill for your next tailgate! Your guests are going to love these kabobs.
This week on the KDKA Steelers Huddle, Rania Harris grills up some pork kabobs in the Heinz Red Zone!
Don’t forget to tune into the PNC Steelers Huddle Show each Saturday after the 11:00pm news on KDKA-TV for more of Rania’s recipes!
KDKA STEELERS HUDDLE “HEINZ RED ZONE RECIPE”: Grilled Pork Kabobs
1 cup Heinz® 57® Sauce
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 cup honey
3 cloves minced garlic
1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
2 pork tenderloins – cut into large cubes (about 1 ½ pounds)
Yellow bell peppers – seeded and cut into large chunks
Vidalia onions – cut into large chunks
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients to make a marinade. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Cool the marinade completely. Pour half the sauce into a separate bowl and save for grilling to brush the kabobs.
2. Place the cubed pork in glass bowl and pour the remaining cooled marinade over the pork. Mix well to coat the pork evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
3. Preheat gas grill to medium-high heat.
4. Alternately thread pork, peppers and onions on metal skewers. Brush vegetables with olive oil. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Place the kabobs on the grill and grill 12 to 15 minutes, turning often, until pork is cooked. Brush liberally with remaining sauce mixture from bowl (discarding any sauce remaining in marinade bowl). Place one whole cherry tomato on the tip of each kabob and serve immediately.