Heinz Red Zone: Tex Mex Pizza
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Impress your friends at your next tailgate! Your guests are going to love this pizza.
This week on the KDKA Steelers Huddle, Rania Harris shows off a Tex Mex Pizza in the Heinz Red Zone!
Don’t forget to tune into the PNC Steelers Huddle Show each Saturday after the 11:00pm news on KDKA-TV for more of Rania’s recipes!
Tex Mex Pizza
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 2 cups Heinz® Ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 8-ounce can diced green chilies – drained
- 2 10-inch pizza crusts
- 3 cups shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- Chopped black olives
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat the vegetable oil and add the onion. Sauté the onion until golden brown. Add the ground beef and cook until the ground beef begins to brown.
- Add in the taco seasoning, Heinz Ketchup and water and cook over medium heat until the mixture begins to thicken slightly. Add in the chilies and heat through.
- Place each pizza crust on two pizza screens and top each with half of the Tex Mex mixture. Evenly top each pizza with half of the Pepper Jack cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and begins to bubble.
- As soon as the pizzas are out of the oven, garnish them evenly with the green onions and olives. Add a dollop salsa on each slice and serve immediately.