Weight Watchers Recipe: Baked Candy Apples
If you’re looking for a treat this Halloween, but are watching what you eat, try this recipe for candy apples from Weight Watchers!
Baked Candy Apples
PointsPlus® Value: 5
Preparation Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 40 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Like the classic, but with a delicious caramel-candy twist.
4 medium apple(s), unpeeled, Granny Smith recommended
1/2 cup(s) water
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 average cinnamon stick(s)
7 piece(s) Weight Watchers by Whitman’s Pecan crowns, or caramel medallions
• Preheat oven to 350°F. Using a melon baller or paring knife, de-stem and core each apple, leaving the bottoms intact.
• Place cored apples in an 8-inch glass baking dish. Pour water around apples in baking dish. Add lemon juice and cinnamon sticks.
• Cut candy into 1/4-inch pieces. Set aside 8 teaspoons of candy pieces. Place remaining candy pieces into each apple.
• Place apples in oven and bake until apples are thoroughly cooked and fork-tender, about 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven briefly and top each apple with 2 teaspoons candy. Return to oven and bake until candy is just melted, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove promptly and serve warm. Yields 1 baked apple per serving.
• For extra low-calorie decadence, add a dollop of fat-free whipped topping to each apple before serving (could affect PointsPlus values).