Tomlin Offers Injury Updates, Looks Ahead To Ravens
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – The Pittsburgh Steelers are gearing up for another rivalry game this weekend against the Baltimore Ravens.
The Steelers are coming off a 25-17 win over the New England Patriots, but lost yet another star player to injury.
LaMarr Woodley hurt his hamstring on Sunday and several reports said he would not be available for the upcoming game against Baltimore.
Head coach Mike Tomlin said he is not ruling anything out with Woodley at this point. Tomlin is still holding out hope that Woodley returns to practice and will reassess the situation later this week.
Tomlin also gave updates on several other injured players:
- James Farrior remains questionable with a calf injury.
- Emmanuel Sanders has a knee injury that will be evaluated later this week
- James Harrison posted a message on Facebook saying he will not play this week. However, Tomlin said Harrison has been cleared for practice after suffering a broken orbital bone.
- Hines Ward will practice after sitting out the New England game with an ankle injury.
- Jason Worilds will also return to practice.
As for the matchup with the Ravens, the Steelers will be looking for revenge after losing 35-7 in Week 1.
In that game, the Steelers turned the ball over seven times, but have only had six turnovers in the seven games since.