Chef Bill Fuller’s Steak & Jalapeno Quesadilla Recipe
Big Burrito Executive Chef Bill Fuller stopped by Pittsburgh Today Live to show off a great steak and jalapeno recipe!
- 1 # Flank steak
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs. Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- ½ ea. Stick of butter
- 1 C. Medium sliced raw onion
- 1-4 ea. Jalapenos, sliced into rings
- 1 Tbsp. Mexican Oregano, dried
- 2 tsp. Cumin, ground
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 8 ea. Eggs
- More butter
- 4 ea. 10” flour tortillas
- 1 C. Shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Sour Cream
1) Prepare Guacamole. Reserve.
2) Place steak in a bowl. Add mustard, olive oil, and salt. Allow to marinate.
3) Heat cast iron skillet over high heat. Sear steak until crusty on the outside and a gentle medium in the center, about 140°. Set aside and allow to rest. Return skillet to heat.
4) While steak is cooking, melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onions, peppers, oregano, cumin, and salt. Cook with stirring until onions soften but do not become soggy.
5) Heat comal (flat cast iron skillet).
6) Slice beef across the grain.
7) In skillet, add a generous knob of butter. Crack 2 eggs into the pan. If you desire, poke the yolks so that they cook solid.
8) While eggs are cooking. Place a tortilla on the comal. Sprinkle with cheese. Allow to melt.
9) Place onion and pepper mixture across half the tortilla. Add some beef. Add two eggs.
10) Fold and remove from the griddle. Cut into thirds and serve with guacamole and sour cream.
11) Repeat steps 7 – 10 until everyone is fed. Hopefully, one of these bums will have made you a Tequila Sunrise. Sip it as you cook.
- 3 ea. Avocados
- Juice of 2-3 limes
- 1 ea. Large clove garlic grated on a microplane grater
- ¼ C. Chopped Cilantro
- 1-2 ea. Diced ripe tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1) Peel, seed, and dice avocados
- 2) Add everything else. Adjust seasonings.