Boy Treated For Injuries After Bullet Explodes In North Fayette
NORTH FAYETTE (KDKA) — A 14-year-old boy was taken to Children’s Hospital today after he was hit by some shrapnel outside of his home in North Fayette.
It happened along Walden Way this morning.
According to police, the boy was using a cigarette lighter to heat a .45 caliber bullet on his deck when it exploded.
Police say some of the shrapnel hit the boy in the chin and neck. He was taken by ambulance to Children’s Hospital.
His injuries are not life-threatening.
More News from North Fayette