PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Add a little flavor to your next Steelers tailgate gathering!
This week on the PNC Steelers Huddle, Rania Harris is making Sunday Night Spareribs in the Heinz Red Zone!
Don’t forget to tune into the PNC Steelers Huddle Show each Saturday after the 11:00pm news on KDKA-TV for more of Rania’s recipes!
Sunday Night Spareribs
- 1 1/2 cups Heinz® Ketchup
- 1/3 cup apple jelly
- 2 tablespoons Heinz® Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons Heinz® Worcestershire Sauce
- Hot sauce to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 racks baby back spareribs – cut into 4 rib sections
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven 250 degrees.
2. In a heavy saucepan, bring first seven ingredients to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer for a few minutes. Allow to cool.
3. Season the ribs with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place the ribs meat side up in one layer in a large roasting pan until very tender – bake for 3 1/2 hours.
4. Remove the ribs from the oven and drain off any excess fat that has accumulated on the bottom of the pan. Pour 3/4 cups of sauce over and turn to coat.
5. Heat gas grill to medium-high heat.
6. Grill ribs until they are browned and well glazed with the sauce, brushing with additional sauce, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to platter. Pass remaining sauce separately.