kdka-sm kdka-am-sm fan-sm pittsburgh-cw-logo

Latest News

9 Apparently Sickened By Carbon Monoxide In Sharpsburg

(Credit: KDKA)

(Credit: KDKA)

TrinaOrlando Trina Orlando
Trina Orlando joined the KDKA news team in August 2008 as the...
Read More

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

SHARPSBURG (KDKA) — Nine people were taken to the hospital after they were sickened by carbon monoxide.

It happened at a home in the 200-block of Clay Street in Sharpsburg.

Six children were taken to Children’s Hospital. The hospital called for emergency crews to check out the scene. When firefighters arrived, they found two adults and a baby inside.

They were also taken to the hospital.

Firefighters believe the carbon monoxide may have been coming from a gas line running to the stove inside of the house.

They aired out the house and then checked on neighbors.

Children’s Hospital the six children were treated and released.

RELATED LINKS
More Local News
More Sharpsburg News